atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Pinecreekboy Frontier Communications Issues - 11/17/15 08:27 PM
https://wnep.com/2015/11/16/rural-phone-internet-service-complaints/

The cease and desist order has me flummoxed--what did the commissioners do to deserve that?
Posted By: dexman Re: Frontier Communications Issues - 11/17/15 10:39 PM
Just a quick point of clarification...the company known today as Frontier Communications is not the same company I worked for (the merger of Rochester Telephone and Allnet Communication Services). An ILEC based in Connecticut bought the rights to use the Frontier name and logo from Global Crossing...now a part of Level(3).
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Frontier Communications Issues - 11/17/15 10:54 PM
I see it as a case of 'thou dost protest too much'. This is clearly a case of poor plant maintenance for their copper network. It's happening everywhere, even in major metropolitan areas. ILECs are all on the fiber band wagon, but until they have completely shifted over to that medium, which many will never be able to, they have no excuse but to maintain their copper.

By virtue of the fact that ILECs have a guaranteed customer base as outlined by state and local tariffs, they have no real competition and therefore should do what is necessary to maintain their monopolies. Even if a CLEC is involved or even VoIP, they still own the transport rights for the 'last mile' and subsequent guaranteed recurring revenue in most cases.

I don't have an ounce of sympathy for Fairpoint, Verizon, at&t or any other telco that wants to just sit back and let its plant deteriorate while continuing to collect revenue on an investment that was paid for thirty years ago or more.

This is almost as irritating to me as when we are charged extra for Touch Tone service on POTS lines. Really?
Posted By: Pinecreekboy Re: Frontier Communications Issues - 11/18/15 02:08 PM
Dexman, actually this is the former Rochester Telephone. This is in their ILEC (purchased from Commonwealth Telephone Co) area.
Posted By: dexman Re: Frontier Communications Issues - 11/18/15 03:11 PM
True..the local service provider would still be part of Frontier. I was an Allnet employee. We were bought out by RTC...which was bought out by Global Crossing which was bought out by Level(3).
Posted By: California Phone Re: Frontier Communications Issues - 05/20/16 04:17 PM
In L.A. I heard that the network they bought included all the wiring but not the equipment, so now they have wire, but can't access the equipment on the wire.

Have been trying to find locations in LA affected, as I can help. but not so easy.

If it's true, just must have been a bad negotiation with no foresight to allow for a smoother transition? unsure, but interesting to watch.

California Phone
www.phoneinternet.org
Consulting Phone systems Internet Business solutions
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Frontier Communications Issues - 05/22/16 01:19 AM
The bought the former Verizon areas of California (GTE). The former PacBell areas were bought by at&t.
Posted By: skip555 Re: Frontier Communications Issues - 05/22/16 01:37 PM
They recently took over Verizon FIOS here and things are so bad the Attorney general stepped in

Fl AG to Frontier

I've heard of business customers who had no internet for a week or longer after the cutover
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: Frontier Communications Issues - 05/22/16 04:20 PM
To my knowledge they are very aware of their problems. Many locations here in NY they were residential only. They seem to be bringing in Professionals to better service business.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help