atcomsystems.ca/forum
Hopefully someone here can help out with this issue. I've looked in this forum several times for answers and 90% of the time I've been able to solve the problem. So I'll start this off with a big THANK YOU to the experts here that have helped in the past. Now for the problem: My Axxess system is no longer forwarding voicemails to email. I've looked in the email server SMTP logs and there is no connection attempt being made to the Exchange server anymore from the VPU. I am able to log into the VPU and see that I am able to ping the exchange server so I know that the server itself can reach the email server.

I went ahead and verified the email server settings (POP/SMTP) and even reset the password to the gateway. Still no emails being sent. One question I do have is how do you monitor the VPU's attempt for an attempt to make an SMTP server connection? Is there a log file somewhere for this? Is there a way to tell if the SMTP service is even running on the server? Running system version 11.010. Thank you in advance for any and all assistance!
Ok, think I have figured out what the problem is. Exceeding the 5 licenses that are currently installed. We thought the vendor had put the 25 pack in but apparently not so we have to address that. In the meantime, I've scaled back the users configured for unified messaging to 5, but I am still seeing Email gateway not initialized in Avdapmon. Any ideas as to how to kick start the gateway?
Posted By: Rmel Re: Voicemail forward to email not working - 12/03/09 06:19 AM
Chris,

Are you using a VPU (Voice Processing Unit - NT or Win2k) or EM (Enterprise Messaging)?

Are you doing any inbound or outbound faxing?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help