atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: trex Inter-tel 5000 caller id - 06/04/12 09:19 PM
Question,

How do I program a phone number so when ever that number calls on our phones the caller id it says the clients name that I programed?

Thanks!
Posted By: dfleschute Re: Inter-tel 5000 caller id - 06/05/12 08:02 AM
In the programming software, go to System\Devices and Feature Codes\Endpoints (or Phones depending upon which version of the software you use)\individual device. Click on an extension in the left pane. In the right pane, you will see "Calling Party Name" and "Calling Party Number". You can program information here. But your telco provider may not allow this information to pass.
Posted By: superfoneguy Re: Inter-tel 5000 caller id - 06/05/12 02:47 PM
I think Trex is referring to System Speed Dials. Go to System\Phone-Related Info\System Speed Dial. Right-click in the right pane and select 'Add to Speed Dial List'. Select the number of entries you want to create and click OK. Left-click the name of the new entries, type a name and press enter. Left-click the number and enter the ten-digit number and enter.
Posted By: trex Re: Inter-tel 5000 caller id - 06/06/12 09:50 AM
sorry to confuse you guys and thanks for your help as well!

What I need is this: Right now several clients call to this inter-tel 5000 with the 5.2 software, and Mitel 5212 phones.

When the call center gets a call the caller id on the 5212 just says "caller", there is no number or name.
What I need it to do is to say the client name so lets say they call from 702-566-9999 I want to tell the inter-tel 5000 to whenever it sees that number to display on the mitel's caller id as "BURGER KING 1" , is this possible and if so how?

Thanks!
Posted By: Stix1 Re: Inter-tel 5000 caller id - 06/06/12 11:20 AM
What superfoneguy recommended should work in this instance.
Posted By: dfleschute Re: Inter-tel 5000 caller id - 06/06/12 12:16 PM
If you want to see the Caller ID information (Name and number), first make sure your telco provider is sending you Caller ID. Also, check to see if the proper flag is set. System\Devices and Feature Codes\Phones\<extension>\Flags\Display Outside Party Name. Make sure this is set to Yes.
Posted By: trex Re: Inter-tel 5000 caller id - 06/06/12 02:47 PM
Dfleschute:

Display caller Id and Number under Flsgs but no Display outside party name.
Displace called id and number is set to no, and cant change it to yes. any suggestions?

thanks
Posted By: trex Re: Inter-tel 5000 caller id - 06/06/12 05:01 PM
Sorry for the typos:

"Display caller ID and Number" under flags, but I could not find "Display outside party name" under flags.

"Display caller ID and number" is set to "no" and I cant change it to "yes", any suggestions?
Posted By: DND ON Re: Inter-tel 5000 caller id - 06/06/12 06:10 PM
Let's start at the begining, and not in the middle.

What type of trunks do you have?
Posted By: trex Re: Inter-tel 5000 caller id - 06/07/12 09:23 AM
T1 PRI----B-Channel
Posted By: DND ON Re: Inter-tel 5000 caller id - 06/07/12 11:31 AM
Okay, it’s a PRI so you don’t need to change trunk settings.

You’ve already enabled the system flag: Display Caller ID Name and Number.

You need to enable the following station flags: Expanded CO Call Information on Displays, Outside Party Call Information Has Priority, Display Outside Party Name.

Are you positive that the carrier is sending the name? That is an optional feature with some circuits and is not always available.
Posted By: trex Re: Inter-tel 5000 caller id - 06/07/12 11:57 AM
Yes the carrier confirmed that it is sending and enabled.
Posted By: trex Re: Inter-tel 5000 caller id - 06/07/12 12:31 PM
DND ON:

I have changed the "display caller id name and number" value to yes

but under flags I cant get to outside party call information
Posted By: trex Re: Inter-tel 5000 caller id - 06/07/12 01:12 PM
I found the expanded CO call info on displays, outside party call info has priority display outside party name folders, I just dont know how to enable them
Posted By: DND ON Re: Inter-tel 5000 caller id - 06/07/12 04:17 PM
Right click and add the stations the list.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help