atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: ITEveryThing IP Phone Connectivity - 01/10/06 02:31 PM
I inherited an Intertel system with IP phones (8660) in my axxess 9.002 system. The previous tech had them set up with VPN hardware at the remote location.

My question is do I need vpn hardware or can I point to a public IP address for the configuration and dhcp? My computer networking knowledge would tell me to just point the phone to the nat translated public IP address.
Posted By: superfoneguy Re: IP Phone Connectivity - 01/12/06 06:43 PM
You can direct 8660 fones to a public IP address that is NATed to the IPRC card. You must forward:

TCP port 5566
UDP port 5567 and 5004

No other model of Inter-Tel IP fone will allow both-side NAT to an Axxess PBX.
Posted By: beholder Re: IP Phone Connectivity - 01/19/06 11:33 AM
I've been working on this on and off for months. From what I heard if you put the IPRC on a DMZ you should be able to access it with any IP phone via a public address.

I just purchased a Sonicwall Pro2040 and have begun configuring it. I'll let you know how i make out. But has anyone done this with a DMZ before? Any tips?

Thanks,
Andy
Posted By: superfoneguy Re: IP Phone Connectivity - 01/19/06 11:58 AM
The DMZ configuration is pretty easy. Once you get everything hooked up, try browsing to the card. If you can browse to it, then fones should be able to connect. It's a good solution as long as hacker/phreaker types don't start exploiting the cards to thier own purposes.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help