atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: beholder Fax issues, could it be the SLC? - 02/02/07 07:29 AM
I've got an Axess 8.1 system and a Windows Server 2003 setup to receive faxes. It has 4 modems, which i just upgraded to 3com v.Everything modems as I heard there were problems with the MultiModems I had been using.
The issue is many faxes get get off during transmission so the server gets a lot of "partial received" faxes.

We've had this setup for a few years - any setting i could change to help the problem?

I had the phone provider do intrusive testing on our PRI and it came back clean. I've reset the PRI card and the SLC card just to rule that out, and the system resets every night at 12:00AM.

Any advice? This is driving me nuts!

Thanks smile
Andy
Posted By: SoCalJake Re: Fax issues, could it be the SLC? - 02/03/07 11:36 PM
Maybe you're getting multiple calls and they're beginning to queue? This would make the camp on indications burst on the line disrupting a FAX. (Sounds like call waiting tones)

Are these in a hunt group? If so, disable camp-ons for the HG.
If no HG just disable camp-on indications for all 4 analog circuits and optionally set the station flag DID receive busy instead on camp-on for the 4 circuits.
Posted By: MacGyver Re: Fax issues, could it be the SLC? - 02/04/07 07:57 PM
Welcome back Andy smile

How about taking a laptop with a simple fax modem and trying it just to rule out the computer as being the issue. Maybe it's not the cabinet or PRI at all.
Posted By: beholder Re: Fax issues, could it be the SLC? - 02/05/07 10:55 AM
Good ideas... The 4 modems are in a hunt group - so I disabled camp ons as well as enabled the DID receive busy flag on each station. Let's see how that fairs.

Thanks!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help