atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: giftoflife Local IP card ADDR invalid - 02/27/09 12:28 PM
We have a handful of users at satellite locations using Inter-tel model 8620 IP phones. Most users just connect them to their internet connection without issue but we have a few users who are receiving an error after it goes through Trying DHCP the error is "Local IP card ADDR invalid".
Then it will just stay on that until you unplug the phone and try again, in which the same error arises. Is anyone familiar with this error? The phone was working fine when we set it up here on-site, could be user error, or is it possible some local ISPs block the port needed for IP phones.
Posted By: Tellink Re: Local IP card ADDR invalid - 02/27/09 01:14 PM
Can you ping the IPRC from the location where the phones are failing to connect?

Funny as it may seem, I had lots of issues with my IP phone at home until I switched from an 8660 to an 8622P. (Comcast ISP at home and XO Comm at the office.)
Posted By: MVSpeed Re: Local IP card ADDR invalid - 02/28/09 07:31 AM
The phone should work locally without having a valid address for the IPRC, so you might look at the phone programing and see if it has the correct info in it. I would look at one that you know works out side the local network and make it the same.
Randy
Posted By: JordonJ Re: Local IP card ADDR invalid - 02/28/09 07:49 PM
Is the IPRC card behind a firewall?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help