atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Joshua Lokken Remote IP Card not programmed - 05/11/09 01:01 PM
Inter-tel 8622 IP phone pulls a DHCP address, then gives "Remote IP Card not Programmed". I see this topic has been discussed before on this forum.

I have the phone's MAC programmed, it does pull a DHCP address. S/W V2.0.09, same as all of our other 8622s. There are 13 other IP phones attached to this node, and all are working properly. I bought this particular phone from an outside party.

Is the message I'm getting an indication that the phone is bad, or is it more likely a firmware or programming issue? What is the procedure for upgrading firmware on an 8622? Thanks in advance.
Posted By: tito1411 Re: Remote IP Card not programmed - 05/11/09 01:39 PM
Did you change the remote ip in the telephone set? It may still be looking for the old IPRC card.
Posted By: Joshua Lokken Re: Remote IP Card not programmed - 05/11/09 02:26 PM
I did. Since I test the phones internally, I input the local IP of the IPRC. It's pingable from where the phone is plugged in. Still gives the error when it tries to talk to the IPRC.
Posted By: tito1411 Re: Remote IP Card not programmed - 05/11/09 02:38 PM
That message means the telephone was able to communicate with the IPRC card but the card was not configured correctly. I would double check my system config especially the MAC address.
Posted By: Joshua Lokken Re: Remote IP Card not programmed - 05/11/09 03:22 PM
Doh! Two characters juxtaposed in the MAC. I had triple-checked that; thanks for prompting a fourth look. Working great!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help