atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: dfleschute CP failed session start up with node - 09/23/09 08:10 AM
-02:617- 09:51 09-23 M5122 WRN HW CP Nodes Did Not Respond To Broadcast Message From 'PP022' : Nodes 3
-02:618- 09:53 09-23 M2038 INF HW CP Failed Session Startup With Node 3

This message is from our Node 2. Nodes 2 and 3 cannot communicate directly. Each can communicate with Node 1. The users have discovered that they can call an extension on Node 1, and have them transfer the call to the other Node. Our network guy opened all ports between the two, and still no communication. Any ideas?
Posted By: DND ON Re: CP failed session start up with node - 09/23/09 08:36 AM
Were they ever able to communicate, or did this just suddenly happen?

Can you ping the IP connections?
Posted By: dfleschute Re: CP failed session start up with node - 09/23/09 10:46 AM
A firewall change was made before this happened. The firewall settings opened all ports between the two IP addresses. NMAP shows all ports open. Both systems reset last night. Calls between the two still display "destination unreachable". The PBXs can be pinging from the other location.
Posted By: MVSpeed Re: CP failed session start up with node - 09/23/09 12:32 PM
But can you ping from inside on to the other? I have seen it where after pinging from inside one box to the other then they start talking. Try Putty from one and ping the other.
Randy
Posted By: dfleschute Re: CP failed session start up with node - 09/24/09 05:07 AM
Using Putty, Node 3 can ping Node 2, but not the other way. I guess I'll have to tell our network guy to keep looking.
Posted By: dfleschute Re: CP failed session start up with node - 09/24/09 09:59 AM
Issue found. New firewall can't handle both LAN/WAN IP addresses. WAN for IP Softphones. Nodes communicate as a LAN. Thanks for the Putty information.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help