atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Lynster Xblue X16 User Question - 08/12/08 11:03 AM
I had a Xblue system installed yesterday. I have one thing that really bothers me about the system and wondered if anyone knows how you can change it. I have 6 lines incoming, if you are on line 1 and another line rings it gives you that little incoming call beep, almost like call waiting. It is very annoying. I know you can DND and it will stop, also turn off your ringer, but these really aren't viable options.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!!
Posted By: SSPhone Re: Xblue X16 User Question - 08/12/08 11:52 AM
Installed Yesterday? By who? Where is the installer?
Posted By: Lynster Re: Xblue X16 User Question - 08/12/08 12:35 PM
Two young pups came out to install the system. It took all of 1 hour to install and 5 minutes training. Someone from their company called this AM to see how things were going. I asked him if we could get rid of that beeping and he pretty much said, "That's the way it is with the lower end systems." I just thought I'd check further, I don't like the words, "you can't".
Posted By: KLD Re: Xblue X16 User Question - 08/12/08 02:31 PM
I will assume they left you the diskette. Under user guide there should be the answer. No, I haven't looked.

If not, look at the website.
Posted By: skip555 Re: Xblue X16 User Question - 08/12/08 03:00 PM
looking at the user guide I find this
Busy Ring Allow/Deny
Feature #2
This feature allows the extension user the ability to turn on or off muted ringing of incoming
or transferred calls when the user is in a busy status. When a telephone Line is ringing
or transferred to a busy extension and Busy Ring is allowed, the user will hear muted ringing.
When a telephone Line is ringing or transferred to a busy extension and Busy Ring is
denied, the user will hear a single burst of warning tone.
Posted By: Lynster Re: Xblue X16 User Question - 08/12/08 04:35 PM
They did not leave a disk, all they left was a user guide.

All 6 CO lines ring at all phones. If you are on a line and another line is ringing, it makes a short double beep until someone picks up the other line.

I can't find Feature 2 in my user guide or anything on the website about it....

Thanks
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: Xblue X16 User Question - 08/12/08 04:38 PM
Press Feature.
Press #.
Press 2.

Retry your call.
Posted By: WRichey Re: Xblue X16 User Question - 08/13/08 06:10 AM
That would be in the 45P system. Unfortunatly you are going to here it here too. "You can't"

Or the other possible answer "it depends". You need to remember that the x16 is what it is. If they were to start adding a few hundred features to the system you would be paying more for sure.

You can set your phone not to ring. You can answer a ringing call by pressing the correct key and you wont have to mess with the beep.
Posted By: Lynster Re: Xblue X16 User Question - 09/03/08 01:06 PM
Thanks to everyone for your help. I can now give up the fight!!

Lyn
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help