atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: MnDave X16 Cordless Telephone Module - 10/08/13 02:56 PM
I see we now have the ability to add multiple cordless phones onto the X16 with the new cordless telephone module. Because the X16 is a such a wonderful system for a small home office, this should help us with sales!
Posted By: dtmf Re: X16 Cordless Telephone Module - 10/08/13 03:36 PM
Yes I got and email from them yesterday.
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: X16 Cordless Telephone Module - 10/08/13 06:48 PM
Got it to. Looks good.
Posted By: justbill Re: X16 Cordless Telephone Module - 10/08/13 10:44 PM
Ditto 2thumbs
Posted By: MnDave Re: X16 Cordless Telephone Module - 10/09/13 03:24 AM
Our member and my buddy, bob@tcsmn, ordered one today. When he gets it, he will be able to let us know if he likes it!
Posted By: justbill Re: X16 Cordless Telephone Module - 10/09/13 03:32 AM
Thanks Dave, I have a candidate, so looking forward to the review.
Posted By: Bob@tcsmn Re: X16 Cordless Telephone Module - 10/10/13 11:41 PM
I haven't gotten the CTM yet but xblue emailing a CTM installation, and user guide. I meet with a prospect tomorrow who needs three cordless phones, so I called for information. 1 CTM for each cordless phone is required and you can have up to 15 on a system.
Posted By: MooreTel Re: X16 Cordless Telephone Module - 10/12/13 12:26 AM
Got the info from XBlue today. Looks very promising and answers my #1 complaint with the system. I'll feel a lot more comfortable proposing the system now!

Now, I just have to translate the user guide for these. bash
Posted By: Bob@tcsmn Re: X16 Cordless Telephone Module - 10/12/13 12:38 AM
My prospect wants 3 extensions, each paired with a cordless phone that shares the extension like Panasonic's "Paralleled Telephone" feature

Any proprietary telephone (PT) can be connected in parallel with a single line device, such as a single line
telephone (SLT), fax machine, or modem.
When parallel mode is used, the 2 telephones function as follows:
• Both share one extension number.
• Either telephone or device can make or answer calls.

I don't see that the x16 CTM can do that.

There have been x16 customers that wanted to connect a cordless phone to the system as an x16 extension, not just ahead of the system.
Posted By: MooreTel Re: X16 Cordless Telephone Module - 10/12/13 12:31 PM
I was going to say to just call forward to the cordless after a delay. Then I checked the manual and you can't forward to another extension. Something else for them to look into.
Posted By: Bob@tcsmn Re: X16 Cordless Telephone Module - 10/12/13 01:16 PM
Both the desk phone and the cordless ringing simultaneously, when calls are transferred to that extension was important to them, so they could answer whether at their desk or away in the shop.

The CTM is a nice improvement where a standalone system cordless phone is needed
Posted By: MnDave Re: X16 Cordless Telephone Module - 10/14/13 07:44 PM
I'm looking forward to what it will do rather than what it won't do. I never even expected to have an adapter for the x16 so I am pretty happy about it.
Posted By: justbill Re: X16 Cordless Telephone Module - 10/14/13 08:04 PM
For those who haven't seen it, here's the manual
Posted By: Bob@tcsmn Re: X16 Cordless Telephone Module - 10/22/13 08:21 PM
I just got around to connecting and testing the SLT adapter. nice quick reference guide comes with it and most of the operation is straightforward. I can send a voicemail message direct to an extension from the SLT using a feature code, but I don't see how to send a voicemail directly to the SLT extension from a system phone. perhaps Kilroy the Guru can fill us in on this one also.
Posted By: Bob@tcsmn Re: X16 Cordless Telephone Module - 10/23/13 05:33 AM
MnDave asked about voicemail message notification to the SLT extension.  In addition to stutter dial tone there is a blinking light on the SLT module itself for voicemail notification.  The SLT module can be placed near the X 16 switch or close to the cordless phone on the same desk if there is a pair that goes from the SLT module back to an extension port on the switch and the cordless phone base is plugged into the SLT module.
Posted By: MooreTel Re: X16 Cordless Telephone Module - 11/01/13 09:55 PM
Got my unit today! Certainly makes me feel more comfortable proposing the X16 now. Thanks Paul for coming through with my biggest concern with the system! band
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: X16 Cordless Telephone Module - 11/02/13 05:14 PM
Dave, keep us posted about it.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help