atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: 6string Output Connectors - 01/08/09 03:48 PM
I read Ed's previous post, but I thought I would start a new thread.

We received our demo a few days ago and it looks real nice. laugh
I had never used the push in connectors. Do they crimp onto cable pairs like mod plugs? Where can I buy them? The demo didn't come with any.

Thanks!
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: Output Connectors - 01/08/09 05:00 PM
Call Trans Tel for the connectors, they should come with the demo kit. They are very nice folks and will mail you some. I can't remember how they connect and my system is packed and in the car for tomorrow.

If you got the combo card (analog/digital station) remember to have the switch on the phones set correctly ( one on A and one on B) or they will not work.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Output Connectors - 01/08/09 05:18 PM
They crimp on with an ordinary pair of needle-nose pliers, however I've found that a Scotchlok E9Y crimping tool "feels" better since you can't over-crimp them. The best thing is that you can open them back up and use them over again, unlike Scotchloks.

Do yourself a favor on a new install: Run a piece of 12 or 25 pair into the KSU and permanently terminate it with these connectors. Cut the other end down on a block and use cross-connects for reworking connections.
Posted By: KLD Re: Output Connectors - 01/08/09 05:27 PM
The best information, as usual, from Ed. I did a motel and that was the only real way to make it manageable.....Ed, you be the MAN!

The connector (DDK?) is used by several manufacturers. X-Blue uses a smaller version of this same connector. DO NOT USE CAT 5...only Cat 3 or the connector does not like to seat properly, especially with the smaller version.

Just my experience.

:thumb:
Posted By: 6string Re: Output Connectors - 01/09/09 02:59 AM
Thanks for your help!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help