atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jdavidcomm ACS R7 cross talk - 10/05/06 06:03 PM
Anyone ever had any problems with crosstalk or bleed from one extension to another?? The customer says that when the get calls sometimes they can hear another extension talking or with voice mail they can hear it also. Anyone have any input on this issue?

Thanks,
Dave
Posted By: hbiss Re: ACS R7 cross talk - 10/05/06 06:21 PM
This can be caused be crosstalk on the CO lines too. Have you ruled that out?

-Hal
Posted By: jdavidcomm Re: ACS R7 cross talk - 10/05/06 06:24 PM
not yet Hal they just said it was during Voicemal and a few conversations.
Posted By: mdaniel Re: ACS R7 cross talk - 10/05/06 06:34 PM
Your going to have to do some troubleshooting of your own on this one.
Like Hal said the first place I would start would be the CO lines at the DMARK.
I haven't had any trouble with crosstalk on R.7's.

206's and a few 308's but not a R.7 prossecor.
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: ACS R7 cross talk - 10/05/06 06:35 PM
I've seen R6's with cross talk between adjacent stations, right out of the processor, connexted just with the 14' line cords, no inside wire. If it's crossed with Intercom as well outside lines indicates the station side, not the CO side.
Posted By: hbiss Re: ACS R7 cross talk - 10/05/06 06:45 PM
Well, if you hear someone retrieving their voice messages while on an outside call from another extension you are going to have to believe it's the system.

On the other hand, if someone is leaving a voice message and that is heard by another someone on an outside call at an extension then I would suspect the CO lines and the wiring first.

Another case of don't take the customer's word for anything. Determine the problem yourself.

-Hal
Posted By: jdavidcomm Re: ACS R7 cross talk - 10/05/06 07:40 PM
I'm going to the site tommorrow, we shall see what happens. Thanks guys, it's appreciated as always.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help