atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Z-man can't dial international numbers from PRI - 11/26/07 10:40 AM
I have a customer who can't dial international on their PRI. Now this has been in and working for quite some time, but it is possible they have not had to dial a number until now. From the description, it sounds like they are getting a wave off tone. I have had this occur before, but can't remember the remedy. HELP!
What system are we working on?
Posted By: Z-man Re: can't dial international numbers from PRI - 11/26/07 11:16 AM
ah yes..that would help wouldn't it. Its a Legend. I think it has something to do with the special services table and deleting some digits, but I can't remember.
I don't know much about Legends, but in my world I usually need to tag international calls as 'intl' and strip the 011.
Here's a cut-n-paste from the troubleshooting doc:

Cannot dial international long distance calls.

* on some PRI facilities, it is necessary, in the Special Service Table, to change
the "Type Of Number" entry for international format, from 'international' to 'national'

I can send you the whole doc if you like.

You can also give an extension pool dial out access to the trunks, and figure out what format or digits the carrier is happy with, then program ARS to add or delete digits
Posted By: Z-man Re: can't dial international numbers from PRI - 11/26/07 11:56 AM
hey Tommy, I think that is it. Can you email me the whole document just so I have a reference. Thanks.
I had one the other day that was a BIG MESS 'cause of these fly-by-night service providers that THINK they're in the phone biz.

It was like pulling teeth to find out how to set it up.

There requirements were:

"If they are flagging a call as International, they cannot send the 011. This would be Nature of Address. Otherwise, if they want to send the 011, they cannot flag the call as international."

It took me FOREVER, (OK, only an hour or two) to keep experimenting around to make this work.

So, maybe you are up against something like that.

Who is their carrier Zane?
Posted By: Z-man Re: can't dial international numbers from PRI - 11/26/07 08:57 PM
I think it is Eschelon on this one. I made the changes and haven't heard back yet.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help