atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: borq646 Send Calls issue - 12/19/07 07:45 AM
Long story kind of short:

A very important person has repeatedly had his send-calls turned on magically on it's own. One person decided to remove that button from his profile altogether.

Yesterday, his phone was just ringing and ringing, never dumping to voicemail. I added the correct coverage path, since that was missing, and it would go straight to voicemail.

I re-added send-calls to his profile, went to his phone, and the send calls light was lit again. Once I disabled it at the phone, all is well.

How would send-calls get enabled on the phone if the button was deactivated?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!
Posted By: mikeydidit Re: Send Calls issue - 12/19/07 07:56 AM
Do a "list usa extension xxxx" (xxxx being his number) and see if someone has an appearance of his number. They can from that appearance use the system wide feature access codes to activated it. Also under the "ch fea" look for the
Code
  Remote Send All Calls Activation: 185    Deactivation: 186   
You can use this to deactivate SAC on his phone from your phone, if you give yourself console permissions in the COS field.
Posted By: liquidvw Re: Send Calls issue - 12/19/07 07:57 AM
Welcome to the board. You should always first state what system you are working on and what software version.

To answer your question, via FAC (feature access code). 'disp feat' page 1. If your users have a COS ('disp cos') with console permission = Y. Then anyone can turn on SAC for anyone else.
Posted By: borq646 Re: Send Calls issue - 12/19/07 08:19 AM
Sorry, this entire system just got dumped in my lap 3 days ago. This is the first issue that popped up. Is there a way I can find system name and version from the Admin console I have installed?
Posted By: merlinman Re: Send Calls issue - 12/19/07 08:38 AM
A good hint as to what you have would be the MODEL NUMBER of the ADMIN Phone itself. (Usually on a "sticker" on the bottom of the phone)

Also, any letters or numbers on the front of the phone as well.
Posted By: borq646 Re: Send Calls issue - 12/19/07 09:00 AM
Avaya G3siV11
SW version r011i.03.0.526.5

The person in question has a 6416D+ phone. The 3 lines that appearences of his extension have a COS that has N for console permissions.
Posted By: mikeydidit Re: Send Calls issue - 12/19/07 09:06 AM
Did you run the List usage extension command? It will show you if someone else has access to a button on his phone.
Posted By: liquidvw Re: Send Calls issue - 12/19/07 09:09 AM
Avaya G3siV11
SW version r011i.03.0.526.5

Thanks exactly what you need to post every time you have a question. Commands change between SW versions and it helps to know what we are working on.

Do all your users have a COS with console permissions = N. If there are some stations with a Y, then they can turn on SAC to any extension. You would do it by dialing FAC XXXX. Where XXXX is the staiton you want to trun on or off. It is also possible that this person is turning in on themself by dialing the FAC.

The list usage command that mikey stated might give you a clue...
Posted By: borq646 Re: Send Calls issue - 12/19/07 09:09 AM
I did. 3 lines have access brdg appr of his line.

They are his admin assistants. They swear up and down they don't dial the FAC to activate it. I can only assume one of them is and doesn't really know it.

I just wondered if there was anything else that could cause it.

Thanks for all the help, I know it can get frustrating helping a newb. I really appreciate it. =)
Posted By: mikeydidit Re: Send Calls issue - 12/19/07 09:15 AM
All a user of his line has to do is hit the feature access codes set up as system wide parameters and SAC gets activated. I would try to remove the bridged appearances of his number and see if it still happens.

Also check and make sure his buttons are labeled right on his phone. It could be labeled one thing and he is hitting it. Disp sta xxxx.
Posted By: borq646 Re: Send Calls issue - 12/19/07 09:29 AM
His labels are indeed labeled correctly. He actually doesn't even have a send-calls listed currenlty.

I'll lean on his admins a bit to make sure they aren't doing anything odd.

Thanks again.
Posted By: Bolts Upright Re: Send Calls issue - 12/20/07 06:26 AM
Originally posted by liquidvw:
...If there are some stations with a Y, then they can turn on SAC to any extension...
Should I be able to do this on a Version 7?
My phone (6416D+) has console permissions and I can activate call forwarding but have never been able to activate SAC.

Richard
Posted By: Bolts Upright Re: Send Calls issue - 12/20/07 06:30 AM
PS I can assign a SAC button for another phone and make it happen, but can not use the FAC code (*3). It makes my phone go into SAC.
Posted By: mikeydidit Re: Send Calls issue - 12/20/07 08:14 AM
In order for it to work Richard their must be a point of coverage for SAC to send it to. With console permissions turned on your set you can use any feature in the "disp fea" list. Just use the activation codes and away you go. Although the (*3) is probably the system wide setting and anyone can use it. It's like that so analog sets can also use the features.
Posted By: mikeydidit Re: Send Calls issue - 12/20/07 08:56 AM
One other thing that may help. With console permissions on your phone you can activate and deactivate SAC on somebody else's phone. You need to use the

Code
 Remote Send All Calls Activation: xxx    Deactivation: xxx 
feature (display feature access codes) to do that for other users. It's a nice feature and can save you from going to someones deck to turn it off for them.
Posted By: Bolts Upright Re: Send Calls issue - 12/20/07 11:54 AM
Thanks mike
I was trying to use the SAC FAC instead of the remote SAC FAC. DOH!
Posted By: mikeydidit Re: Send Calls issue - 12/20/07 12:04 PM
@#it happens. Glad I could help.
Posted By: Gary Damp Re: Send Calls issue - 12/27/07 09:08 PM
borq646,

A bit of a reach, but here goes...

I had a very similar situation. *3 was administered as the FAC for SAC activation. When this particular person completed a call, they had this nasty little habit of pressing *3, which is also 'delete' in the voice mail system. Not sure what they were trying to delete, but as I said, a nasty habit. Most of the time these tones would just go off into nowhere, but at times, they would have a dial tone and... you guessed it, SAC activated.
Posted By: XPRESS Communication Re: Send Calls issue - 01/10/08 08:07 PM
borq646
you may also want to look at his admin's telephones and verify that that the send-calls button on thier telephone is not programmed for his extension.

send-calls ________ <-----should be blank
if there is and extension number there then you are enabling/disabling the send-calls for that extension.
Posted By: Bolts Upright Re: Send Calls issue - 01/11/08 06:41 AM
I finally got back around to this...
I attempted to program Remote SAC and Deactivate feature codes. Noticed that Leave Word Calling was programmed, *4. Pretty sure I don't need that. So I removed *4 from LWC Send A Message and #4 from LWC Cancel A Message. When I attempt to use it in Remote Send Calls Activation I get a message at the bottom of the screen "*4 G3 Version must be V8 or later"
This switch is V7. If *4 can not be used, how was it in use as LWC Send A Message, but can not be used for Remote SAC?
Posted By: Rhonda Re: Send Calls issue - 01/11/08 08:51 AM
You don't have to use a *__ and #Code for this feature. I use 150 to activate remote send-calls and 151 to deactivate remote send-calls.

I'm not sure if the version is the issue or not.
Posted By: Bolts Upright Re: Send Calls issue - 01/11/08 08:57 AM
So 150 is your Remote SAC Activation code and 151 is your Remote SAC Deactivation code ... right?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help