atcomsystems.ca/forum
My customer wants to forward calls to a cell phone via the AA. During the process I realized that my software version doesn't have program #322. I figure that it is version 6.0 but am not positive. So assuming it is R6.0 can I upgrade to a version that supports the offsite call forward without reprogramming the system? There is a remote programming card in the processor. If possible to upgrade then what is the cost for software? I'd estimate 2 or 3 hours to do the upgrade, just my w.a.g.
Posted By: mongo5150 Re: Partner ACS call forward to cell phone - 11/27/12 06:04 PM
If I remember right, when you upgrade, you lose the programming. (others will have to clarify)
Posted By: dexman Re: Partner ACS call forward to cell phone - 11/27/12 07:14 PM
If the processor is a Partner ACS R6, upgrading would mean replacing the processor with a 5x9 R7 or R8. I believe there is a tool that will allow you to convert R6 programming to higher releases.
Posted By: skip555 Re: Partner ACS call forward to cell phone - 11/27/12 07:44 PM
If its a ACS 6 no reason to upgrade for remote call forwarding

if #322 doesn't work it must not be a rel 6
Posted By: Wellco Re: Partner ACS call forward to cell phone - 11/27/12 09:19 PM
Just go to one of the stations and do Feature 59 that will tell you what Release it is....then you can go from there...

...bob...
Posted By: hbiss Re: Partner ACS call forward to cell phone - 11/28/12 12:19 AM
Doesn't matter. If you don't have 322 it's not an R6 and it's not going to do what you want anyway. You can upgrade whatever it is to an R6 with an upgrade card. You won't lose any programming and it only takes a few seconds.

-Hal
Posted By: Wellco Re: Partner ACS call forward to cell phone - 11/28/12 12:55 PM
Thank you for those words of wisdom hal..just trying to help the guy find out what he really had !!!!

...bob...
Posted By: skip555 Re: Partner ACS call forward to cell phone - 11/28/12 01:07 PM
to what end ? you need to be at 6 for remote call forward so no matter rel 1-5 he still has to upgrade
Posted By: 1864 Re: Partner ACS call forward to cell phone - 11/28/12 04:11 PM
If you do upgrade to an R.6, make sure it's an R.6.0.B. It has the daylight savings patch. Beware- I upgraded an R.3 to an R.6 with an old VS R.1 mail and AA would not transfer to ext's with DND on. It sends caller to receptionist, similar to the R.7 problem with the VS.R.5. You have to use a VM cover button, set to 1 ring.
Posted By: Wellco Re: Partner ACS call forward to cell phone - 11/28/12 06:45 PM
That would be true Skip...but he doesn't know what he has...based on his original post...Sorry for trying to help him out.

...bob...
Posted By: hbiss Re: Partner ACS call forward to cell phone - 11/28/12 09:46 PM
Originally Posted by 1864
If you do upgrade to an R.6, make sure it's an R.6.0.B. It has the daylight savings patch. Beware- I upgraded an R.3 to an R.6 with an old VS R.1 mail and AA would not transfer to ext's with DND on.

They never got that fixed even with the last R6 release- R6.0.B. There was a patch for the Mail VS R5. If you had an earlier Mail VS you were out of luck.

I don't know about the ACS R7. It was so full of major bugs and Avaya was incapable of fixing it that I wouldn't sell them. Damn thing should never have seen the light of day. They were still making the R6 at that time and that's what I sold. Problems and fixes continued into the R8 and it was only with the last releases of the R8 that the ACS became useable again.

-Hal
Thanks for all the comments gentlemen. I'll get some pricing on the R6 upgrade card.
With the upgrade card, can you do more then 1 upgrade, or do you need 1 card per upgrade?
An upgrade card will upgrade one system only.
Posted By: skip555 Re: Partner ACS call forward to cell phone - 12/03/12 02:58 PM
I'm pretty sure the upgrade is a one time thing

I would look at the price of a refurb ACS6 vs the Upgrade depending on how old the original is that might be a better way to go

Wasn't there PS problems with some of the early ACS's ?

so a newer processor might be a better option
Posted By: hbiss Re: Partner ACS call forward to cell phone - 12/03/12 03:59 PM
True. The price of the upgrade is probably close to a refurb processor.

-Hal
I thought it was only once. And a refurbed ndewer processor is the way I would go.
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Partner ACS call forward to cell phone - 12/04/12 02:30 AM
I can hook ya up with a multi-use upgrade card.
If interested PM me.

Well I DO have a REV. 6

I turned extension 14's remote call forward on with #322.
A personal speed dial 81 with the number they want to call
A FWD button that lights up and shows forward 14 81. When dark it shows fwd 14 14. I also tried *81.
From the station, Feature 81 picks a line and dials the correct number

When called on the intercom it goes 3 rings and then to voicemail no matter what state the FWD key is in. I even turned off the voicemail coverage but then it just rings out.

The manual has no reference to a VM cover key for this? Only the FWD key.

#208 was suggested but that is line ownership. My book says that you can only have 1 owner per line but multiple lines. They want to do this for more than 1 extension. From the description, Line ownership doesn't sound like what we are trying to accomplish.

To be clearer about what we want to accomplish:

When a lighted key is toggled to FWD, they want calls transfered from ANY line or Voicemail to extension 14 to grab another line and dial the number under personal SD 81. (feature 81 presently calls the correct number) The display says Forward 14 81 but it doesn't grab a line to go out on. When it is not toggled to FWD it should go the the local Voicemail. In either state it is now going to voicemail after 3 rings.
Obviously something is blocking Ext. 14 from picking up an outside line to make the call.

I know it looks like everything is programmed correctly.

You have to allow the extension to forward to an outside number in a personal speed dial location in #322

The extension must have lines assigned to it, the Auto Line Select must allow it to grab lines before intercom, and the extension/lines can not be restricted.

The lines must have a value set for Reliable Disconnect in #203

Have you tried with an extension other than 14? If some other extension works, try a copy from that extension to 14.
Thanks for trying to help me Touch Tone Tommy,

It has all lines assigned to it. I just called the client and Auto line select picks line 1 first. It's the owner's phone and has no restrictions on it. I haven't checked for positive line disconnect yet but then again it hasn't tried to pick one yet.

Next visit I'll try to do replicate it on another extension.

Yeah it's frustrating! [Linked Image from sirius-business.com] You follow the manual and you're still left dangling on the hook.

I turned extension 14's remote call forward on with #322.
A personal speed dial 81 with the number they want to call
A FWD button that lights up and shows forward 14 81.
When dark it shows fwd 14 14.
From the station, Feature 81 picks a line and dials the correct number.

I Guess that's why they pay us instead of making themselves crazy.

Posted By: dutch Re: Partner ACS call forward to cell phone - 06/25/13 05:48 PM
I have an ACS 6.0 that we fwd everyday. check #302,#401 for ext.14. And this is straight from the manual about #208 under remote call forwarding. (For analog lines and T1 lines without DID, the extension must be the Line Coverage
Extension (#208) for that line.)good luck
Posted By: dtmf Re: Partner ACS call forward to cell phone - 06/25/13 07:58 PM
Just for giggles check #109, could be someone denied outside conf by mistake. Cause I gotta tell ya I've never had one not work.
Posted By: hbiss Re: Partner ACS call forward to cell phone - 06/25/13 10:48 PM
Originally Posted by dutch
I have an ACS 6.0 that we fwd everyday. check #302,#401 for ext.14. And this is straight from the manual about #208 under remote call forwarding. (For analog lines and T1 lines without DID, the extension must be the Line Coverage
Extension (#208) for that line.)good luck

I already explained the reason for #208. It's not applicable here and the manual isn't clear on that.

-Hal
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help