atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jullian23 Admin password reset - Lucent 34D Partner - 04/01/14 08:39 PM
We inherited a Lucent 34D Partner system for our small biz, installed about 8 years ago. It's pretty functional but we can't get into the admin account and change the auto attendant settings; the original owner passed away and the tech who set up the system has disappeared and is not returning our calls. Any thoughts on how to fix?
Lucent partner 34d is a phone not a system.
What version partner system do you have. Also what voice mail system.
Then we can help you.
Thanks - not sure if this is the correct info but I think it is F59=P ACS R3.0

I don't know about the voicemail system - we use Comcast for our phone service if that helps?
Posted By: KENB Re: Admin password reset - Lucent 34D Partner - 04/01/14 11:13 PM
need more info ,The voicemail could be a silver card about the size of a credit card plugged into to the acs mod
If the Acs is in a cabinet a long white card same size as acs.
Or free standing external voicemail anywhere from the size
of a wii console to a large tower .

How about taking a picture and posting it

your greeting is in the voicemail not the acs
Posted By: dexman Re: Admin password reset - Lucent 34D Partner - 04/01/14 11:24 PM
Ok. That would be a Partner ACS R3. To determine which voice mail you have, press one of the two Intercom buttons followed by 777. If the voice mail system is an AT&T/Lucent/Avaya product you will hear "Welcome to......."

Once the voice mail is identified, Avaya moderator Mike Daniel can PM you for some additional information and reset the Admin password remotely.
Posted By: KENB Re: Admin password reset - Lucent 34D Partner - 04/01/14 11:27 PM
Second thought we are talking the system voicemail and not the comcast voicemail correct??
Yes the system vm, not Comcast. But intercom/777 brings up the greeting prerecorded by the original tech. We have an Avaya module and an AT&T Partner external- I'll try to post a pic.
Posted By: dexman Re: Admin password reset - Lucent 34D Partner - 04/02/14 01:21 AM
AT&T/Lucent/Avaya produced 4 voicemail systems for the Partner family. They are:

Partner Mail: Looks like a wall mounted PC.
Partner Voice Messaging: A PCMCIA card that slides into one of the available slots on the front of the ACS processor.
Partner Mail VS: A voicemail system that slides into an open slot in a two or five module carrier
Avaya Partner Messaging: Updated version of the Partner Mail VS.
Here's what we're working with:

https://plus.google.com/photos/100254741294870467954/albums/5997504975961303073
Posted By: KENB Re: Admin password reset - Lucent 34D Partner - 04/02/14 02:27 AM
That s a real old dog, but. mike can help you out

I sent him a pm.
Posted By: dexman Re: Admin password reset - Lucent 34D Partner - 04/02/14 10:14 AM
Yup. That is a Partner Mail.

If it gets to the point where it no longer functions properly (breaks down), the Avaya Partner Messaging would be a good replacement.
PM sent to jullian23.
Posted By: dtmf Re: Admin password reset - Lucent 34D Partner - 04/02/14 02:15 PM
Depends on what Partner Mail it is, a 1 or a 3 as they have different procedures.
I also have a Partner Mail with a lost admin password. Or, rather, the person with it was terminated. It's a Partner Mail VS 5.0. Is there someone I can talk to about getting the admin password reset?
Posted By: dexman Re: Admin password reset - Lucent 34D Partner - 06/12/17 06:15 AM
You have a few options. You can reach out to Avaya, a local authorized Avaya Business Partner or send a PM to Mike Daniel...who is one of the moderators of this forum. His screen name is "mdaniel".
Where are you located.
Fill out your information
The manual has a still-working 800 number in it, right there in the paragraph about what to do if you lose the admin voicemail password. Just the Avaya support line, it seems. Awesome it still works after 20 years.

Unfortunately, they were unable to help me. I have all the original purchase paperwork from when it was installed in 2000, and offered to open up a new support contract or pay a one-time fee, but they said that they no longer make new support contracts with end-users who have old systems.

I am experienced with equipment like this. I did try connecting to the serial console, but couldn't get any response. Might be a baud rate issue. The documentation I found said 19200, but I never got a response.

I also found a document suggesting I log into mailbox 9997 with the device serial number as my password. That also didn't work.

It seems like there's a piece of carefully-guarded knowledge that would make this a ten-minute job if I had it, and so I am pursuing that knowledge. smile

-- David

(I did PM mdaniel. No reply yet, but it's been under a day, so quite understandable.) smile

-- David

Posted By: dexman Re: Admin password reset - Lucent 34D Partner - 06/12/17 09:49 PM
Users mongo or hitechcomm might be able to help as well. Backdoor passwords are not posted for security purposes.

If possible, please update your profile, so a local Authorized Avaya Business Partner can be located. smile

Posted By: hbiss Re: Admin password reset - Lucent 34D Partner - 06/12/17 10:11 PM
With Partner Mail, if it is original then there is a process to reset the password. But if it has been refurbed and the hard drive replaced at some point then I don't think it can be done.

-Hal
Posted By: dexman Re: Admin password reset - Lucent 34D Partner - 06/12/17 10:47 PM
The first post of this set reveals that the voice mail is a Partner Mail VS R5. smile

The Admin mailbox is 99 on the Partner Mail VS as opposed to 9997 on the Partner Mail.
Posted By: hbiss Re: Admin password reset - Lucent 34D Partner - 06/13/17 02:39 AM
Ahh, ok. That's what happens when you tack on to an old thread. Next time start your own topic.

If it's a VS R5 there should be no problem.

-Hal
Mike sent a PM last Wednesday, did this get resolved?
I don't see an incoming PM or a response to my PM to mdaniel, but I may just be confused about how to use this website.

We still don't have voicemail access.

-- David

PM Sent
To me? I don't see it. frown I'm clicking on "My Stuff"->"Messages", and there's two in the list. A welcome, and my outgoing message to mdaniel. Both say "replies: 0". If you are PMing me, I am not sure what I'm doing wrong.

-- David

© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help