atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: VIBob B179 conference phone - no network - 04/18/17 10:48 PM
Trying to get a new B179 conference phone to work on an IPO 9.1.9 system. I do have the licensing required; with the issue I'm having I don't believe I'm even getting to that point.

From the factory firmware, it DCHPs from the IPO and loads new firmware from the IPO. Upon reboot, it will not DHCP; if I set up a static address on the B179, I still cannot get into the web interface nor ping it. If I revert back to the factory firmware and configure it as a static IP, I can access the web interface. I've loaded v2.4.2.12 on the unit manually using the web interface but this also causes the networking capability of the B179 to stop functioning.

I'm hoping someone has had a similar experience and knows the way to resolve it.
The one I did last week, I downloaded AVAYA_B179_v2.4.2.1.kt from the support site and had the installer configure the IP manually as the customer's network did not provide DHCP.
Posted By: VIBob Re: B179 conference phone - no network - 04/20/17 11:50 PM
I was only able to get the B179 to work by restoring the firmware to factory and removing the updates from the IPO SD card. The original firmware allowed me to do the web config and set the phone up.

I tried with firmwares 2.4.1.5 (from the IPO SD card), 2.4.2.0, 2.4.2.1, and 2.4.2.12; all of these basically shut down the network capability of the B179.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help