atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: pfonman Cisco 7940 - 11/30/12 02:27 AM
Is it possible somehow to connect a paging system to a 7940 system? Got a call from a business that the owner installed the system himself, & would like a paging system to page from any phone. I'm wondering if there might be some kind of an adapter with an ip address that would interface with an ip phone system.
I have heard of these cisco system, but never saw one before.
Please enlighten me!!!
\pfonman Tom
Posted By: upstateny Re: Cisco 7940 - 11/30/12 08:33 AM
Originally Posted by pfonman
Is it possible somehow to connect a paging system to a 7940 system? Got a call from a business that the owner installed the system himself, & would like a paging system to page from any phone. I'm wondering if there might be some kind of an adapter with an ip address that would interface with an ip phone system.
I have heard of these cisco system, but never saw one before.
Please enlighten me!!!
\pfonman Tom
The 7940 is the phone model not the system.

My understanding is the Cisco systems require an additional "server" to do overhead paging ...... but it has been a while.

The schools my kids attend went Cisco .... and still have their old phones on every desk so they can still page laugh
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: Cisco 7940 - 11/30/12 01:45 PM
You need a voice gateway with an FXS card and a paging adapter.
At least that is how our Call Manager system is set up...
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: Cisco 7940 - 12/02/12 02:42 AM
FXO or FXS, depending on the paging adapter. I use FXO.

Justin
Posted By: dw Re: Cisco 7940 - 02/22/13 08:24 PM
You can use an FXO port which your amp will plug into. Requires some programming on the router and integrates straight into overhead speakers.
You can also purchas the 3rd party software which gives you more features such as page zones, etc. if you wish.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help