atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: nicklaz asterisk t1 timing issue - 05/24/09 02:01 PM
i posted this in the t1 forum but i thought i would also post something here for the asterisk gurus out there.

we have a turn key asterisk pbx with a digium t1 card and it has been dropping a number of calls over the last two days and we're not sure what the cause is.

we had a verizon tech come on site yesterday to test the pri and he said that he was seeing a timing issue. he recommended that we restart the pbx which eliminated the issue but he only tested for a minute after the restart so i'm not convinced that there isn't some other issue. before we restarted the pbx he actually told me that he noticed a number of errors on the circuit but he wasn't sure if they were related to the timing issue.

we're still seeing the circuit drop and the log will occasionally show a number of the following messages in it:

254 05/24/2009 2:20 PM NOTICE chan_zap.c: PRI got event: Alarm (4) on Primary D-channel of span 1
255 05/24/2009 2:13 PM NOTICE chan_zap.c: PRI got event: HDLC Bad FCS (8) on Primary D-channel of span 1
256 05/24/2009 2:13 PM NOTICE chan_zap.c: PRI got event: HDLC Abort (6) on Primary D-channel of span 1
257 05/24/2009 2:13 PM NOTICE Last Message Repeated 4 times

i've done some research and from what i can find these errors are related to the hardware/irq of the asterisk box but most people that i found with similar errors did not report dropped calls or alarms on the t1.

i've opened another ticket for our provider to do some intrusive testing on the circuit but i wanted to check if anyone else had a suggestion on how to stop this?
Posted By: Slojo Re: asterisk t1 timing issue - 05/21/10 01:07 PM
Hmmmm,
Do your system use an Intel mboard?
Posted By: Kumba Re: asterisk t1 timing issue - 05/25/10 06:25 PM
What brand T1 card is it?
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: asterisk t1 timing issue - 05/27/10 05:20 AM
The original post is from 2009. Hopefully the issue has been resolved.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help