atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: phoneguy10 SBX Speakerphones - 03/17/11 03:16 AM
We have installed about half a dozen SBX's and we have been getting complaints pretty consistently about speakerphone quality, clipping etc. Lowering the volume seems to help a bit and we have been adjusting a setting in nation specific that supposedly helps (per tech support). We are still getting clipping (in office environment). Is anyone else experiencing this? If so, what are the fixes, if any. Thanks
Posted By: Z-man Re: SBX Speakerphones - 03/18/11 01:55 PM
Which phones, the SBX IP 320 phones?
Posted By: phoneguy10 Re: SBX Speakerphones - 03/21/11 06:03 AM
yup the 24 button display speakerphone.
Posted By: Z-man Re: SBX Speakerphones - 03/21/11 09:21 PM
I have not ran across any issues, but what is your background noise level?
Posted By: phoneguy10 Re: SBX Speakerphones - 03/24/11 11:58 AM
standard office background, papers rustling, someonme talking in the background in the next office, usual office stuff.
Posted By: Z-man Re: SBX Speakerphones - 04/06/11 07:53 PM
I now have had complaints as well. The calls will fad in and out. Interestingly enough, I have been out on site a lot, using the speakerphone to contact Vertical tech support and have not had any issues that I can tell. The calls fade in and out on internal speaker phone calls too. The one difference for me, is the phone I am using is plugged into the very first digital port on the MPB300. All the other digital phones are coming off the DTIB card. I have put in a request to Vertical to check it out. I hope it is just a setting. I pretty much have another MBX sold if I can resolve the speaker phone issues.
Posted By: sonny88 Re: SBX Speakerphones - 08/17/11 03:25 PM
Hi guys, I have the same problem with the latest install we had last month (July) and our client is insisting for a solution to it. I tried adjusting some of the gain parameters as per tech supports advise but it's still the same.

Anything new that you know that can resolve the sbx digital phone speaker's concern?

Need help.
Thanks in advance.
sonny
Posted By: dtcd21 Re: SBX Speakerphones - 08/17/11 03:33 PM
It's a common complaint, they're cheap phones honestly. They look nice they're new wave, but the speakerphones suck, and they wobble sometimes even with all the feet on them haha.
The key to getting the speakerphones working is training the customer to keep the volume in the middle not cranked, we have done this successfully in an all wooden floor no noise cancelling facility so pretty sure you can work it anywhere.
Posted By: sonny88 Re: SBX Speakerphones - 08/17/11 04:15 PM
Thanks dtcd21. I can definitely try this although I think the problem could be partly due to the air vent noise...although it's the same in some areas without the air vent.

Hope it works.
Thanks again.
Posted By: dtcd21 Re: SBX Speakerphones - 08/17/11 04:20 PM
Yup not a problem, best thing to do is have the client call someone and have them adjust the volume so they kind've train themselves to thinking, oh if I keep it midrange it works fine. Sounds like we're training dogs to sit but it's what you have to do sometimes. I've found 6-7 is the sweet spot for them. The outside caller shouldn't have a problem hearing and if the internal caller complains turn up that portion only in the nation specific tables. If the air vents are louder than a decently sized server room then you probably need to point this out to the customer so they understand you did all you could now it's their turn.
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: SBX Speakerphones - 08/17/11 04:46 PM
After many trial and error sites we have found this works best..

ACOB TO DTIB= 21
DTIB TO ACOB= 31
ACOB TO DTIB SPEAKERPHONE= 30
DTIB SPEAKERPHONE TO ACOB= 29

These settings work best when the speakerphone is at volume level 7-8 but works most sites up to level 10.
Posted By: Derrick Re: SBX Speakerphones - 08/17/11 06:48 PM
You know the old saying..."how do you get a speakerphone to sound good?...Pick up the handset!"

This is the point where someone says "Derrick isn't helping."
Posted By: dtcd21 Re: SBX Speakerphones - 08/17/11 06:52 PM
The bad thing is that the place that I mentioned that had all hardwood flooring and no sound deadening material at all had one of their previous phones hooked up when we cut one over as an add on and it came up and worked with the sbx after they were saying how the old ones "didn't do this".
Posted By: EV607797 Re: SBX Speakerphones - 08/17/11 07:06 PM
Just so that I understand this: We are expected to ask the customer to change their normal routine in order to make up for this? Call me crazy, but that is the impression that I'm getting from the feedback in this thread.

Speakerphones have been an expected norm for five decades, yet now we have to adapt them to their surrounding environment?

The 4A speakerphone (circa 1972) worked flawlessly back in its day with no consideration for line/station loss. Am I missing something here?
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: SBX Speakerphones - 08/17/11 07:17 PM
"Am I missing something here?"

Yep the good old days when telecom gear worked well out of the box.

:rolleyes:
Posted By: dtcd21 Re: SBX Speakerphones - 08/17/11 08:03 PM
Yup and all the new stuff is about the same it's all about who can put this out for less anymore, let the other people down the pipe deal with the quality hit.
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: SBX Speakerphones - 08/18/11 04:56 AM
Originally posted by RATHER BE FISHING:
After many trial and error sites we have found this works best..

ACOB TO DTIB= 21
DTIB TO ACOB= 31
ACOB TO DTIB SPEAKERPHONE= 30
DTIB SPEAKERPHONE TO ACOB= 29

These settings work best when the speakerphone is at volume level 7-8 but works most sites up to level 10.
That's good information right there! I don't care where it came from. laugh

Thanks Dave!
Posted By: sonny88 Re: SBX Speakerphones - 08/18/11 09:06 AM
Thanks to all the helpful information here specially to rather be fishing for that detailed config settings. Hope it resolves the suspected air vent noise that's causing the problem.

I will try it tomorrow or latest Monday.
I will let you know...hope it works.
Regards to all.
Posted By: MnDave Re: SBX Speakerphones - 08/18/11 10:07 AM
This is the point where someone says "Derrick isn't helping."
That's good information right there! I don't care where it came from. [Big Grin]
Too much! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Posted By: sonny88 Re: SBX Speakerphones - 08/24/11 02:43 PM
I implemented the settings in our recent 2 install sites.

Site 1: didn't work according to user although I haven't tested it yet by myself...pending on-site testing.

Site 2: initially worked yesterday but I just got a call now and they were telling me it's not working again.

Any other suggestions...
Many Thanks.
Sonny
Posted By: jimmy29 Re: SBX Speakerphones - 08/24/11 03:34 PM
Speakerphone to speakerphone never works good, one party needs to pic up h/set. I've not had any complaints on the speakerphone but i've noticed customer commenting on sbx phones being bigger(wider) than their old phones. Maybe its not everyone but a few having trouble, phones sitting at a different angle or closer to pc speakers etc. I've had toshiba phones were an entire batch of phones had issues.
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: SBX Speakerphones - 08/24/11 03:46 PM
Originally posted by sonny88:
I implemented the settings in our recent 2 install sites.

Site 1: didn't work according to user although I haven't tested it yet by myself...pending on-site testing.

Site 2: initially worked yesterday but I just got a call now and they were telling me it's not working again.

Any other suggestions...
Many Thanks.
Sonny
Check the speakerphone volume setting..I'll bet they jacked it back up to max.
Posted By: sonny88 Re: SBX Speakerphones - 09/12/11 11:52 PM
hi there,

just letting you know that the suggested best settings both worked with our recent 2 sites although it also involves managing the clients in terms of expectations with using the speaker phones...like moving the phone closer to user in some cases.

sorry for the late reply...just making sure both of them have accepted how the sbx speaker phone works.

now, i'm planning to modify config accordingly before even installing any new sbx's to minimize complaints about the speaker phone.

thanks again to all for your inputs.
Posted By: NWA Telcom Re: SBX Speakerphones - 09/14/11 01:22 PM
I have noticed that the older SBX speaker phones work better and sound better than the newer ones.
Posted By: billyho Re: SBX Speakerphones - 09/16/11 11:47 AM
I've had the same issues. I have played with the volume settings and that kinda worked. I usually tell the customer to reduce speakerphone volume a bit and adjust the co volume so they're happy.

I was originally told they were a full duplex but found out they're a half duplex.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help