atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jctsphone SBX and low volume in the handsets - 07/06/12 03:59 PM
Hello,
I have a customer that has an SBX and it is in a very noisy environment. The customer wants to know if we can turn up the volume in the handsets anymore than what the default is?? I thought you could but am not sure...I recall being able to turn up or down the volume on the speakers...
Posted By: draynor Re: SBX and low volume in the handsets - 07/06/12 08:04 PM
Yes. While on the phone just run the volume up. It does work.
Posted By: jctsphone Re: SBX and low volume in the handsets - 07/09/12 12:12 PM
draynor,
that is the first thing the customer(and I) did to resolve this issue. I am asking after that fact....
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: SBX and low volume in the handsets - 07/09/12 01:03 PM
Try the volume level that "Rather Be Fishing" mentions in this post: https://www.sundance-communications.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/ubb/get_topic/f/54/t/000078.html
Posted By: nonameyet Re: SBX and low volume in the handsets - 07/11/12 04:10 PM
Bump !! I just installed a SBX today, they don't care about speakerphones, I have an issue with Handset Volume, called vertical, they had me messing with prog 400 flex 5, default is 10, per vertical, highest is 30, tried 20 and 25, have to reset system when making these changes, Did absolutely nothing. Called King , they had me messing with prog 404, flex 2, also did nothing. does Anybody KNOW ?
Are we talking receive or transmit volume?
Posted By: nonameyet Re: SBX and low volume in the handsets - 07/11/12 06:38 PM
Receive, cant hear the other party. They can hear me fine.
Posted By: dtcd21 Re: SBX and low volume in the handsets - 07/12/12 04:08 AM
Nation specific table. Rework it. I began doing this before we even leave to the site anymore so I don't have to hear about it.
Posted By: dtcd21 Re: SBX and low volume in the handsets - 07/12/12 04:15 AM
Specifically RX Gain Control.
Posted By: nonameyet Re: SBX and low volume in the handsets - 07/12/12 04:19 AM
Originally posted by dtcd21:
Nation specific table. Rework it. I began doing this before we even leave to the site anymore so I don't have to hear about it.
Exactly WHICH parameter? that table makes no sense.

which way up or down? does the system need a reset if you change ?
Posted By: dtcd21 Re: SBX and low volume in the handsets - 07/12/12 05:42 AM
Whenever I get a chance I'll post my modified table. Probably not until next week sometime. No you don't need to reset for changes to take effect, who did you talk to at vertical that told you that? You want to go higher with your numbers also, and I don't believe that the cap is 30.
Posted By: nonameyet Re: SBX and low volume in the handsets - 07/12/12 02:39 PM
I couldn't really understand the guys name at vertical, sounded like he said " stark " or something like that, but, as far as that field, I went thru the phone, and it does give a range from 0 to 35 with the default at 10.
Posted By: dtcd21 Re: SBX and low volume in the handsets - 07/12/12 06:45 PM
Ehh not really something I'd do through the phone. I'm d/l the offline editor into this laptop atm and if the tables the same I'll show you what to change.
Posted By: dtcd21 Re: SBX and low volume in the handsets - 07/12/12 07:04 PM
Well offline editor looks nothing like the real thing as we all know, but this should give you the jist of it. Editor claims values are 0-63, I personally have never gone above 40, I think 38-40 you will start to get clipping/other unwanted audio.
You will have to test this by changing in increments and testing as this will all vary by site. These are also not the settings I load on, just showing the table and what I have found to be what.

[Linked Image from i370.photobucket.com]

Ok. You have your FROM column descending.
The horizontal column is what it is going to.

Acob = analog co
Dcob = digital co

Red - ACOB -> DKT This controls volume from your analog co line to the 4024, on the handset (see below for note, but there is a seperate paramater for dkt speaker)

Black - DCOB -> DKT, from aforementioned this explains itself

Yellow - VMIB to DKT -> controls volume of VM to phone. (usually don't need to fool with this, MBX is a different story here though)

Blue - DTIB -> ACOB controls outgoing volume from 4024 (no idea why they have separate names: dkt/dtib: but from what I have played around with dtib in the descending column is your 4024.

I also notice in this the lack of the speaker gain controls, DECT, etc, but the same logic applies.

Should clear things up a little. There is no documentation on this as far as I know. This is all my experimentation on what does what.

I suggest changing in small increments, 2-5 max at a time, with testing in-between until you get used to seeing what you can get away with. I'll get a screenshot of the real thing with my modified table sometime next week probably, busy round here.
Posted By: nonameyet Re: SBX and low volume in the handsets - 07/12/12 07:25 PM
Thanks , Dtcd21 ! That looks like something, that makes Sense
Posted By: dtcd21 Re: SBX and low volume in the handsets - 07/12/12 07:59 PM
No problem. This was one of the most painful looking things in the SBX programming to me personally, but once you break it down and know what does what, if you ever have a problem or complaint about it you'll have resolve in a minute. The only hard part, if you're having complaints about the speakers, is after adjusting in this table, getting the customer to not crank the volume at the phone mad .
Also I've found that personally I don't believe the speakers in the 4024 phones are all that bad, it's the sbx. I did some toying around with gain controls in the MBX and I could be on the other side of a 20x15 or so room and have crystal clear audio either way.
Posted By: dtcd21 Re: SBX and low volume in the handsets - 07/13/12 03:24 PM
[Linked Image from i370.photobucket.com]

Modified table. Not pushing the limits but getting close to it with this customers setup(few handset amps). A lot different from the offline editor, with the addition of dti_spk and the column sorting is different, but you should get the idea.
Posted By: jctsphone Re: SBX and low volume in the handsets - 07/13/12 04:08 PM
I went through these settings too and figured out which ones the customer likes...I just didnt post this until I look today and saw this post blowing up...sorry it took me so long
Posted By: draynor Re: SBX and low volume in the handsets - 07/14/12 11:30 AM
While we're discussing this I have an SBX using STS phones & the customer says on conference calls (using speaker phones)they can hear fine but the other end can not hear them. Exactly which setting needs to be played with. I saw the charts in pgm 400.

David
Posted By: dtcd21 Re: SBX and low volume in the handsets - 07/14/12 08:42 PM
dti spk -> acob
Posted By: jctsphone Re: SBX and low volume in the handsets - 07/16/12 07:18 AM
Draynor, I tweaked those settings before and can confirm the customer like it better! We also switched them to a PRI...
Posted By: draynor Re: SBX and low volume in the handsets - 07/16/12 01:05 PM
I think it defaulted from spkr to ACOB at 37. I raised it to 39 & told the customer to try it & see what happens. Rite now we're using just regular pots lines. Thanks for the info.

David
Posted By: dtcd21 Re: SBX and low volume in the handsets - 07/16/12 04:21 PM
Default value isn't 37. Be sure to tell them to keep the volume @ 9-10 max also for it to work best.
Posted By: draynor Re: SBX and low volume in the handsets - 07/17/12 04:08 AM
Am I reading the table wrong? According to my bench SBX when I pull up the table is the FROM the horizontal or vertical. I'm reading it as the horizontal. Remember I am using STS phones. I wonder how much a difference it makes.
Posted By: dtcd21 Re: SBX and low volume in the handsets - 07/17/12 08:22 PM
Correct from is horizontal
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help