atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: ubcomputers Vertical SBX networking - 01/31/15 12:27 AM
I have (2) Vertical SBX IP 320 phone systems networked together between our two office locations.

One system has 6 POTS phone lines connected to the system (lets call it system A). Both systems are configured when dialing OUT to access one of those 6 lines. Let's call the remote system WITHOUT any connected phone lines system B.

However, right now when an INCOMING call rings in, it rings the phones on system B. Which was fine originally because we only had staff at the system B site. Now that we have staff at both locations, how to we re-configure so when a call rings in, it will rings phones at BOTH sites? I need this so no mater which location they are at, they can see that a call is ringing and are able to pickup the call.

I have looked at the CO Ring Assignments, and I see I can specify station number, but it only will allow stations PHYSICALLY connected to the SBX. Also, I see I can assign a "net number" value which would be a station on the remote sbx. How can I do both so I can have stations at both locations ring when calls come in?

Any help would be appreciated!
Posted By: Derrick Re: Vertical SBX networking - 01/31/15 05:30 PM
It is not possible to have the lines ring simultaneously at both sites. The calls can ring at one site first and then overflow to the second. Remember this is two systems linked together it is not one big one. The only way to get phones to ring at both sites at exactly the same moment is to have ip phones at one of the sites connected to the other site.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help