atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Diss-Connected 3300 Voicemail / PMS - 10/25/05 08:57 AM
I have a 3300MX with emmbeded VM connected to a PMS system in a hotel.

The PMS is lighting the message waiting lite on the phone, but when the hotel guest calls to return the "message" the 3300 VM returns a "no messages" message.

Is it the PMS that is not sending a audio message to the extension's VM box ? or is there no option to "turn on" a default type message in the 3300 to not annoy the customer...

Trying to find a work around....
Posted By: AKroger Re: 3300 Voicemail / PMS - 10/25/05 11:38 AM
Check with the PMS and see if they are sending you TEXT messages, also Verify that the lights are being extinguished from a previous message. The PMS does not control the audio message. Try a PMS trace enable command from the maint menu to see the communication in realtime when a message is being delivered and after deletion. Hope this helps
Posted By: Diss-Connected Re: 3300 Voicemail / PMS - 10/25/05 01:00 PM
Thx Alex... Do you know if or where a default message can be placed in the 3300 that will "drop" into the guest room's box that we can record when the PMS "lights" the MWL in the room ?

The lights are extinguished after a previous message.

The PMS is turning the light on, but the room guest is trying to retrieve what they think is a message... A message that is not there.
Posted By: AKroger Re: 3300 Voicemail / PMS - 10/25/05 01:40 PM
As of right now it doesnt look good, hopefully I can have a better answer for you tomorrow.
Send me an E-mail tomorrow I will let you know my findings
Posted By: AKroger Re: 3300 Voicemail / PMS - 10/27/05 07:26 AM
Ok I found the answer, Yes the vm will drop a canned message into the voice mail box but it will NOT light the message waiting light, the guest will have to check there messages or get it when another message lights the lamp, so that still leaves you with trouble shooting your lamp issues.
Posted By: Diss-Connected Re: 3300 Voicemail / PMS - 10/27/05 01:41 PM
Where is the "Canned" VM message located ?

It appears as if I can get the light or the message at any one time, but not both.....
Posted By: AKroger Re: 3300 Voicemail / PMS - 10/28/05 11:51 AM
The message will drop into the mailbox if the text message is sent to the vm, It is in the prompts of the system. I think you are troubleshooting 2 different problems here.
Posted By: Diss-Connected Re: 3300 Voicemail / PMS - 10/28/05 12:03 PM
Alex.... I just got the same answer today via Mitel. It appears that the "text" message is not being sent via the PMS so the emmbeded VM is not ever seeing it.

With the Mitel hospitality package the VM "looks" for a text message, then it drops the canned message into the guest's box. I believe the message says "Please call the front desk you have a text message waiting ".

I am still reaserching the settings in the COS of VM, and system to allow this. Hopefully that is it.

Alex... Thanks for triggering my brain :-)
Posted By: VOIP Re: 3300 Voicemail / PMS - 11/12/05 08:44 AM
I have had a similar problem but it wasn't VM that was lighting the lamp. It turned out that there was a call back message sent to the phone. It took a little while but we found how to clear it (feature access codes).
Posted By: Diss-Connected Re: 3300 Voicemail / PMS - 11/17/05 09:07 AM
Which feature access code ? I found that "our" issue was what Alex said above... The PMS was not sending the "text" message.

That was like pulling teeth :-) Getting the PMS vendor to admit that they were wrong in the setup.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help