atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: phonebytes phone setup - 03/22/07 06:40 AM
I have strange question. I have a user who has offices in 2 different buildings. Both buildings. are supported by our SX200 MX phone system.

Presently this user has one phone in each location. A digital phone in one office and an analog in another. I am not sure how they are physically connected.

When the phone rings it rings in both locations. This user has one voicemail for the extension.

I am relativley new to phone systems. And inherited it as well.

1. How would the phones be physically tied together so both ring at the same time. Would this be a hard-wire or software setup?

2. As I am new to this phone system, wuld there be another recommended way to set this up?

Any sugggestions appreciated.

Thnx
Posted By: fifty5footer Re: phone setup - 03/22/07 06:47 AM
The digital phone has one of it's keys programmed as an appearence of the analog phone.
What is it that you'd want to change?
Posted By: Dane Re: phone setup - 03/22/07 07:28 AM
There are too many variables for us to suggest some other way you might set this up. Right now, as previoulsy answered, the analog is set up as a key line appearance on the superset. once you expand the superset in programming you will see the line and how it is programmed and options for ringing, etc. that will give you some flexibility in the current set-up.
Posted By: phonebytes Re: phone setup - 03/23/07 11:18 AM
Thank you for your responses.
I think it is good the way it is for now.
Posted By: telephoneguy Re: phone setup - 03/23/07 12:12 PM
IT might also be set up as a suite-phone, or as a "twin phone," but the most likely explanation is that one of the keys on the digital is a button programmed as a "multicall" or "multiple" of the analog extension.

You would be able to tell by watching the digital when you call the analog, and seeing which button lights up on the digital.

In other words, Dane and 55' are spot on.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help