atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Dane 200 ICP interfaces - 04/19/07 09:09 AM
Has anyone done interfaces From VM or PBX to PMS using IP interface only without Precidia unit?
Posted By: AKroger Re: 200 ICP interfaces - 04/19/07 09:57 AM
Do you mean Ethernet with a socket port?
Posted By: Dane Re: 200 ICP interfaces - 05/18/07 11:02 AM
Yeah, sorry I haven't revisted this in a while. Instead of using the Precidia unit to convert to serial protocol the guy who is a small PMS vendor wants to use telnet directly. Says he has his CC readers interfaced this way. Mitel doesn't supply info on this that I can find. However by doing testing the interfaces using telnet the character strings are the same so I assume it should work.

Any suggestions?
Posted By: telephoneguy Re: 200 ICP interfaces - 05/21/07 01:06 AM
The ICP is going to spit out the data to an IP address, and only after a proper handshake (Syn, Ack+Syn, Ack). For this to work, hypothetically (I'm guessing here) the "CC reader" would need to have an IP address in the same subnet as 192.168.1.1 SNM 255.255.255.0, and would have to use the "port number" specified for an IPocket (Cause that's where the ICP is gonna send the data. See Manual for port numbers).

On the ICP end, it should set up just like for an IPocket (in theory) -- The ICP really wouldn't need to know what it was talking to, I suppose.

Don't take that as gospel, but that's how I would expect it to work. Do post if you get it going, and tell us what you did...
Posted By: TylerW Re: 200 ICP interfaces - 11/03/07 10:03 AM
Yes, it is possible... we do it with our PMS.

InnQuest Software / roomMaster 2000

Works great.
Posted By: Dane Re: 200 ICP interfaces - 11/03/07 02:12 PM
Thanks for the info on the InnQuest - I had talked to several of the "big guys" in the PMS world and no one was even working on it. Myself and the guy on site (not the PMS vendor) pretty much figured out the theory but the PMS vendor couldn't get his act together and so it wasn't taken any further. When you get to thinking it through there is absolutely no reason it should not work very simply as long as the PMS vendor has their ducks in a row.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help