atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Phil Sx200 ICP Call Pickup - 11/03/07 11:03 AM
This system is what I just installed into a brand new Hampton Inn. However, they do NOT have a sub-attendant, and they are asking me how to pick up a second call that rings into the console. I know the codes I set up, but they don't seem to work. I programmed *8 as dial call pickup, and *9 as directed call pickup. Do the attendant and other phones on the front desk need to be in a pickup group? That's the only thing I didn't do.... Is the attendant capable of being in a pickup group, or do I need to sell them a Superset capable of being a sub? :confused:
Posted By: Dane Re: Sx200 ICP Call Pickup - 11/03/07 02:07 PM
Need to program a code for TAFAS - any (feature access code 14) and then in the COS of the phones that you want to be able to pick up the console enable options 248 (TAFAS access - any) and 250 (TAFAS access during day service). There is an option for TAFAS access during day and night service, but usually the night service is directed to places that would be picked up through dial call pickup if necessary so I usually don't put that in.

That should be all you need to do.

Good luck.
Posted By: fifty5footer Re: Sx200 ICP Call Pickup - 11/03/07 02:46 PM
Dane's got it right!! Just make sure the calls you want to answer are ringing an LDN key on the console, not the console's extension number! All of the rerouting/tafas features relate to the ldn, NOT the extension number.
Posted By: Dane Re: Sx200 ICP Call Pickup - 11/03/07 05:04 PM
fifty5footer makes a good point. It drives me nuts when I go into a site where someone programmed external and internal calls to the console est because they didn't know what they are doing. No calls should ever ring to the console ext unless you have a multi-console operation and one of them needs to call the other. Just my opinion of course.
Posted By: Dane Re: Sx200 ICP Call Pickup - 11/03/07 05:06 PM
Also if they are using any kind of superset or IP phones that want to pick up the console you can program a night answer key on a button and all they have to do is go off hook and press that button to pick up the call.
Posted By: Phil Re: Sx200 ICP Call Pickup - 11/05/07 04:33 PM
Thank you, gentlemen! I did as you said, and it behaves just beautifully! And now, the owner of the hotel has saddled me with another challenge: He wants the board room extension to be able to call locally ONLY, and NOT be able to call the rooms. First, I thought that Call Block was what I wanted but after talking to Nathan at Genesis, I found out that Call Block is a system wide feature, that would kinda be overkill in this situation. He suggested tenanting, but, after looking through e-docs for the better part of 3 hours, I can't make heads or tails out of what I'm reading. He did send me a cheat sheet fax, but that's at the office. Can you shed some light on this, please?
Posted By: Dane Re: Sx200 ICP Call Pickup - 11/05/07 05:52 PM
Pretty simple. Right now all the phones and trunks in the hotel are probably the same tenant. What you need to do is leave the guest rooms as tenant 1 (since that is the largest number of phones). Make the admin phones and console tenant 2. Make the trunks tenant 3 and make the boardroom phone tenant 4. then just go to form for "Tenant Ineterconnection Table" (form 5 I think) and just make sure that tenant 4 (boardroom) and tenant 1 (rooms) are disallowed from talking to each other. Now you will have to go into call rerouting table and for each tenant make sure that calls are routed properly. If you need some help with that (rerouting) let us know and we can address that then.
Posted By: Dane Re: Sx200 ICP Call Pickup - 11/09/07 02:01 PM
Phil - just curious - did you get this working?
Posted By: Phil Re: Sx200 ICP Call Pickup - 11/11/07 06:40 AM
Dane - yes, I did! I had an intense session with Rick @ Genesis, and we both learned a lot. Now the phones have access to what the owner wants them to have access to, and nothing more. You and fifty5footer helped me tremendously, I might add. Thank you very much!
Posted By: Dane Re: Sx200 ICP Call Pickup - 11/11/07 07:00 AM
No prob - always nice to know if there was a resolution.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help