atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Dane 200 ICP VMS shutdown - 12/03/07 03:39 PM
Got a friend who works for a company that has the last 3 systems they installed doing the same thing. After running for a while the embedded voice mail quits working. When the system is rebooted the VMS works for a while then does the same thing again. It hasn't happened on any of their earlier installs just the last three. Supposedly they have gotten a patch from Mitel that is supposed to fix this problem.

I have had my friend verify that COS for VMS ports are the same on the ones that are purring along and the ones the last three that are having problems. They are the same.

So - has anyone else heard about this? Is anyone familiar with this "patch" ? Barring that any suggestions as to where to look?

Thanks
Posted By: panda Re: 200 ICP VMS shutdown - 12/04/07 07:05 AM
there was a Mitel bulletin that you probably will find on MOL that states that all the voicemail ports must be programmed even if not all used. Some installers delete the unused ports. I leave them programmed and only add the ones applicable to the hunt group. This could possibly be your problem.
Posted By: Dane Re: 200 ICP VMS shutdown - 12/04/07 09:29 AM
Thanks
Posted By: Dane Re: 200 ICP VMS shutdown - 12/04/07 11:09 AM
Couldn't find the bulletin - do you remeber the title of the bulletin?
Posted By: panda Re: 200 ICP VMS shutdown - 12/04/07 11:19 AM
sorry I don't maybe someone else does as my access to MOL is down temporarily. At the sites with the problems did they delete the unused vmail ports?
Posted By: Dane Re: 200 ICP VMS shutdown - 12/04/07 01:28 PM
Well they do their own base load and only put in 8 ports. They have been doing this all along but only seem to have had the problem with the last three installs. Was thinking this may have something to do with later releases of software and the unused ports.
Posted By: jimmyv Re: 200 ICP VMS shutdown - 12/04/07 02:07 PM
Here it is, had to search for voicemail vice voice mail..

Deleting extra Voicemail ports in form 9 can cause VM to stop working Publish Date
Mar-7-2007

Body/Solutions
The default database on the 200 ICP has all 24 VM ports programmed in form 9. If you are not using all 24, it is recommended to keep them programmed in form 9 anyways. They do not count in any device counts, so there is no penalty for keeping them programmed.
There are a couple of side effects that can occur when the unused VM ports get deleted in form 9.
1. If you are using external paging notification and then add more DSP's in the system, then this feature could stop working until more VM ports get programmed in form 9 to match the number of VM ports available with the increase in DSP's.
2. If system option 135 (Voicemail Control of MWI by DTMF Tones) is enabled, and all 24 VM ports are not programmed in form 9, Voicemail could keep shutting down. It will take a system reboot to get it working again.
Posted By: Dane Re: 200 ICP VMS shutdown - 12/05/07 06:48 AM
Jimmy V - thank you so much.
Posted By: panda Re: 200 ICP VMS shutdown - 12/05/07 07:23 AM
that is the bulletin I was referring to, not sure if that is what is causing your problems but it did seem to affect the later releases with all sorts of weird troubles.
Posted By: Dane Re: 200 ICP VMS shutdown - 12/05/07 11:05 AM
I have passed it along. I will let you guys know if it fixed the prob. Thanks for the help
Posted By: Dane Re: 200 ICP VMS shutdown - 12/12/07 07:09 AM
Well it seems that it was the non-functional VMS ports being deleted that caused the shutdown. Thanks for the helps folks.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help