atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Barrontel 2 EL's 1 Voicemail with express mes - 01/03/08 07:20 AM
Anyone have any luck with centralized voicemail? It's in a hotel environment, currently they have 2 Covoices, one just kicked the bucket and I lost faith in the Covoice, so I'm looking at my options?
Posted By: fifty5footer Re: 2 EL's 1 Voicemail with express mes - 01/03/08 07:28 AM
What version level/type are they? What's the connection between them? How many voice mailboxes are we talking about? Is PMS interface a requirement?
Posted By: Barrontel Re: 2 EL's 1 Voicemail with express mes - 01/03/08 07:47 AM
LW 19 with a in-house T1, less than 1000 mailboxes, currently not using PMS interface
Posted By: Dane Re: 2 EL's 1 Voicemail with express mes - 01/03/08 09:33 AM
I assume you are talking about 2 separate EL's with a T1 tie trunk. If that is the case I think you can do it, but you are going to have to figure out the forwarding and retrieve routing for the PBX where the VMS is not residing.
Posted By: fifty5footer Re: 2 EL's 1 Voicemail with express mes - 01/03/08 09:59 AM
The express Messenger max's out at about 250 mailboxes.
We've installed several central VMail applications, but we usually shy away from them in the hospitality market. Issues like duplicate exts, pms restrictions, wakeup messages, and the "hokey" method of lighting lamps always seem to be a problem.
Does it work, yes.
Would I reccomend it, no.
Can I help you try it, sure!!!
Posted By: Barrontel Re: 2 EL's 1 Voicemail with express mes - 01/03/08 01:10 PM
Thanks Guys,
I figured the set up would be ugly,now I can just say no to the customer with a clear conscience and stick with 2 separate VM. The main EL is Admin and the other is strictly for guest extensions anyway and it's been working well that way for years.
I suppose I'm opening a can of worms here, but why 2 EL's They're capable of what, 690 some-odd devices. Even with 500 rooms and 50 admin stations, you still have room for 2 T1's and a console, smdr, pms, moh and other stuff.
Oh wait, Biltmore Estate? They've got 300? rooms with multiple extensions and now I get it. John C. (Not Garand)
Posted By: Barrontel Re: 2 EL's 1 Voicemail with express mes - 01/06/08 12:42 AM
Nope,not the Biltmore. It's a large property in the Keys with 4 PRI's 1oo plus Admin, Marina boat slips yada, yada, yada. The Guest switch is pretty much Maxed out with all ONS cards and 2 T1's
Posted By: fifty5footer Re: 2 EL's 1 Voicemail with express mes - 01/07/08 05:32 AM
Let's trade it out for an SX2000, and you won't need to worry about aboyut seperate interfaces, voicemails, etc. etc.!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help