atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: gareow Toll deny - 02/05/09 03:40 PM
I have toll deny on my rooms extensions yet these rooms are still able to make calls to cell phones.. The setup worked originally and no settings have been changed with either COS or TD parameters.
Access to a trunk is "9" then dial the number..Cells start with 455...land lines start with 625 I don't know why it restricted the cell calls before but letting them thru now.. Any advise?? Thanks
Posted By: DrPbx Re: Toll deny - 02/05/09 05:05 PM
Which Mitel system ae you using?
Posted By: gareow Re: Toll deny - 02/05/09 05:08 PM
SX200 analog with 217 processor
Posted By: unemployedmitelguy Re: Toll deny - 02/05/09 07:17 PM
Typically toll deny is caused by Outging Call Restriction enabled, let me check my old books for that one.
Posted By: Dane Re: Toll deny - 02/06/09 07:42 AM
are you using single digit or multidigit toll restriction? Also be aware that there are ways to get around single digit toll deny (and I haven't figured a way to stop it on the fifty - haven't come up with an analog with the problem. I work with a bunch a properties that deal mainly with railroad crews. Like motel 6 they restrict all 1+ dialing from the rooms (except toll free of course). Someone found out that they could pick up the phone and dial *82 (service code to disable outgoing caller ID block) once they did that and had dial tone returned they could then dial the 1+ number and the switch let the call go since it didn't see it as a restricted string. I had to go in and restrict * as a leading digit in the string.
Posted By: tonysprout Re: Toll deny - 02/13/09 01:50 PM
Is 217 compatible with NANP? I seem to remember NOT.
Posted By: Dane Re: Toll deny - 02/13/09 03:32 PM
I think the multi digit toll control is based on the old plan of X0X and X1X area codes. Not sure if later 318 (or Dean cards - if you can find one) addressed this issue.
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: Toll deny - 02/17/09 11:16 AM
If you study your SMDR raw printout, you'll probably find the problem. They are probably doing some sort of dial-around. Motel customers seem to be able to beat the most intensive T/R, you have to stay ahead of them. For some of them, it's a mental challenge! That said, if you can show us some of the suceessful, supposed to be blocked, calls, we may be able to nail it down. And they may be taking advantage of dial-tone return that the Mitel is not coping with. John C.
Posted By: Dane Re: Toll deny - 02/18/09 08:54 AM
I talked about dial arounds before and the problem I had with them. If you go to a room and dial 9 then dial *82 or *70 then get a stutter tone then a dial tone back then dial a 1+ call and it goes through that is probably, as lightning horse said, your problem. If that is the case you are not going to be able do deny it with the software you have in the PBX. You might try contacting the telco and asking to disable those feature access codes but they usually won't do (or tell you they can't) Good luck
Posted By: Dane Re: Toll deny - 02/18/09 08:54 AM
I talked about dial arounds before and the problem I had with them. If you go to a room and dial 9 then dial *82 or *70 then get a stutter tone then a dial tone back then dial a 1+ call and it goes through that is probably, as lightning horse said, your problem. If that is the case you are not going to be able do deny it with the software you have in the PBX. You might try contacting the telco and asking to disable those feature access codes but they usually won't do (or tell you they can't) Good luck
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: Toll deny - 02/19/09 07:35 AM
Question here, are the Marshall Islands one of the places that cell phone calls are charged back to the callers? Otherwise, I don't understand why it's a bad thing to allow rooms to call cell phones. And do you have to dial 1 to call the cell phone exchanges? If not and you are using straight 1/0 T/R as opposed to the ARS toll restriction, you've got NO chance of blocking the call. And there is a very simple way to beat the basic 1/0 T/R if you do have to dial 1. You are going to HAVE to enable and program your ARS. If it worked before, it was probably being blocked by your LEC. Did you change LEC's? Or did the LEC do some sort of C. O. upgrade? John C.
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: Toll deny - 02/20/09 10:30 AM
Well, I guess gareow apparently got it fixed, I guess.............. Sure would like to know the answer(s). frown John C.
Posted By: Dane Re: Toll deny - 02/20/09 11:32 AM
Yeah - I need and "information bailout"
Posted By: gareow Re: Toll deny - 03/12/09 02:41 PM
Sorry guys,
just got back from abroad...
In my absence someone else was working on the system, they said they had it fixed so I am not sure..Have not had any complaints yet..
FYI: to call cells you dial 9 then the number just like you would with land lines..but rates when you call cells are charged at a higher rate..
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: Toll deny - 03/13/09 06:02 AM
10 Digit dialing or 7 digit dialing? John C.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help