atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: REW 200icp ringing problem - 04/04/09 07:45 AM
I have just installed a 200icp with 2 ASU units at a local motel. All is working good except the room phones dont ring anywhere near as loud as they did with the old system which was a 200ml. Has anyone run into this before. I see no changes I can make in programming to increase the ringing voltage. Am I missing something? Thanks for any suggestions! help
Posted By: TDS Re: 200icp ringing problem - 04/04/09 10:27 AM
First ? What brand & type of phones
Posted By: Dane Re: 200icp ringing problem - 04/04/09 01:18 PM
Right - and what was the old system they had? Used to be most older systems used 90 volts for ringing. Most new ones don't. If you have older phones with high voltage msg waiting lights the ASU won't light the msg waiting lamps. If you have newer phones they should have switches (probably under the faceplate) to set the ringing voltage and the msg waiting light voltage
Posted By: REW Re: 200icp ringing problem - 04/04/09 06:05 PM
They have several different kinds of phones. Some telematrix, some unknown make and some $9 Walmart phones. The old system was an SX200ml. I didnt know the ASU wont support the high voltage message lamps. This may be another problem.
Posted By: johnp Re: 200icp ringing problem - 04/04/09 07:33 PM
Why didn't they upgrade the ml cabinet and use the existing cards?
Posted By: REW Re: 200icp ringing problem - 04/05/09 06:58 AM
The ML cabinet was damaged by a chemical spill. The vapors got into the cabinet and the cards were really damp with the chemical. The backplane on the ML cabinet has some slots that wont work and some of the copper traces on the printed circuit boards have been eat into. A real mess. Replaceing everything was the only way we saw to fix it right. The shape these cards are in they may work today and die tommorow. Mitel has refused to repair damaged traces on cards in the past. I dont think they will touch these.
Posted By: Dane Re: 200icp ringing problem - 04/05/09 07:07 AM
Just test the message waiting lights - telematrix will have switches to allow you to set the ringing voltage and Msg waiting light voltages
Posted By: johnp Re: 200icp ringing problem - 04/05/09 07:08 AM
I see smile
Posted By: REW Re: 200icp ringing problem - 04/06/09 07:37 AM
I know you guys are a lot smarter than me on this but are you sure the high voltage message waiting lamp won't work with the ASU II units? Looking at Mitels specs it says it uses -115 volts DC for message waiting indicators. I do see where the ringing voltage is 65 volts instead of 90 volts like the 200EL. That is why the phones are not ringing as loud.
Posted By: REW Re: 200icp ringing problem - 04/06/09 07:37 AM
I know you guys are a lot smarter than me on this but are you sure the high voltage message waiting lamp won't work with the ASU II units? Looking at Mitels specs it says it uses -115 volts DC for message waiting indicators. I do see where the ringing voltage is 65 volts instead of 90 volts like the 200EL. That is why the phones are not ringing as loud.
Posted By: REW Re: 200icp ringing problem - 04/06/09 07:39 AM
I only sent that once! Why did it show up twice?
Posted By: Dane Re: 200icp ringing problem - 04/06/09 03:01 PM
Stutter? (LOL)

I only know what the manual specifically says and that is the ASU II will not support high voltage message waiting lights. You can always just try it to see if it works.
Posted By: REW Re: 200icp ringing problem - 04/07/09 07:25 AM
I see now the Mitel specs. say the 200ml/el message waiting lamps are 140 volts DC and the ASUII is 115 volts. Like Dane said I will just have to try it and see. I will be back on site later this week and will let you know what I find out. Thanks for everyones advice.
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: 200icp ringing problem - 04/07/09 04:20 PM
"I only sent that once! Why did it show up twice? "

I did that a couple of times. Figured out that sometimes the message doesn't start to load immediately, and I pressed the "Add Reply" again. TA-DA, double-post! smile John C.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help