atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Lea T Networking Mitel 5000 to Nortel system - 10/07/10 07:40 AM
We currently have a Mitel 5000 system installed at our corporate office and smaller systems at each plant location. Our UK office has a brand new Nortel VOIP system and I need to find a way to connect these two systems like with SLA. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Nortel is telling me it can't be done, Mitel says it can but are not being very clear about the ins and outs.
Well, since no-one has responded, I will. If I'm wrong, we'll hear about it, I'm sure! smile There are discussions about this in the Voip forum, among other places, but here goes.

Voip extensions with ATA's at the corporate office. Of course you will need RELIABLE trans-oceanic (WOW, haven't heard that expression in a loooonnngg time) internet links, but....
Posted By: johnp Re: Networking Mitel 5000 to Nortel system - 10/08/10 02:50 PM
Haven't dealt with the 5000 much yet, but some type of sip trunking between the 2 might work.
Posted By: TimH64 Re: Networking Mitel 5000 to Nortel system - 11/02/10 11:18 AM
I have connected a 5000 system to a Nortel using E1/T1. The Nortel needs to act as master. All this gives is desk to desk dialling and the ability to transfer calls between sites. Calls can be routed to the Nortel from the 5000 with phantoms
Posted By: vad60 Re: Networking Mitel 5000 to Nortel system - 11/05/10 04:12 AM
I never dealt with 5000 and Nortel in the Network configuration but plain logic tells me if you are not using any Integration such as Ext. ID over the Network or Centralized VM but just plain dialing then it should be no problems if the Protocols of a B2B T1s are the same. The matter is to properly set up Routing and clearly tell both system what info to expect from each other. I think that E1/T1 PRI is a proper interface to use.
Posted By: DND ON Re: Networking Mitel 5000 to Nortel system - 11/11/10 07:10 PM
This is an old topic, but I just came across it.

There is a Mitel IP Single Line Adapter (SLA) that should do exactly what you need. It would be installed on the Nortel system, to a trunk port.

The IP SLA is programmed as a VoIP endpoint on the 5000 system. Dial the extension number, and the trunk port rings on the Nortel. Select the trunk port on the Nortel, and you’re pulling dial tone on the 5000.

The IP SLA is a holdover from the Inter-Tel Axxess product line. We used them to “network” remote systems that didn’t have an IP resource card.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help