atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: oops Long distance fast busy - 12/18/12 09:46 PM
Hello all I have a Mitel SX200 phone system and today I was asked to investigate why a user was getting a busy signal when trying to call international. So far we have tried three different international numbers and several different phone on site. The phones are configured with a COR (not sure what that stands for) that should give them access to the world. I am also in the process of contacting the telco to make sure there isn't an issue on that end.

Would any of you be able to tell me...
What is the fast busy associated with?
Do I need to check other things in the system and if so what is the menue path?
Are there other troubleshooting steps I should take?

Thanks for the help.
Posted By: justbill Re: Long distance fast busy - 12/18/12 09:57 PM
Try it from the DEMARC to elimiate or confirm it's in the phone system.
Posted By: oops Re: Long distance fast busy - 12/19/12 01:42 PM
Hello JustBill,
Thanks for the reply and suggestion. We have two PRI's coming into our site so I don't think (or know how) I could test at the Demark. I may just be stuck waiting on the Telco to do that testing??
Posted By: justbill Re: Long distance fast busy - 12/19/12 02:35 PM
That's right, didn't know we were talking PRI. If the phone company has no restrictions on the trunks than it's probably the phone system restricting them.
Posted By: westerntelephone Re: Long distance fast busy - 12/19/12 04:03 PM
Sounds like the phones are restricted from dialing international long distance calls. Programming in either COR, COS, and ARS can be very tricky. You should call a Mitel technician if it's determined to be the PBX and not the PRI.
Posted By: oops Re: Long distance fast busy - 12/20/12 01:19 PM
Hey Guys,
Thanks for helping me to track down the issue. In working with AT&T I found that our accounting department didn't have a plan that allowed for international calls. Apparently we don't need to call international much since it has not come up to this point. Thanks again for the help and have a Merry Christmas.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help