atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Doberz Offisite IP Phone Issues - 09/23/13 08:08 PM
I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction here. I wasn't part of my present company until recently, so I didn't set up out other off location IP Phones. But others in the IT department that did helped me set up this new IP phone.

The phone is programmed, and works when hooked up to our office network that the 5000cp is part of. The user took the IP phone to her house and tried connecting it to her router. It is hooked up correctly, but does the spinning in circles looking for DHCP thing. One of the other employees in the IT department was sure she couldn't just connect to the router and said for her to try it through a switch. This gave the user the same result. I also allowed access in our Sonicwall (firewall) for the phone under the WAN to LAN settings. This didn't work so I also added her IP address to the firewall. Also didn't help.

Not sure what I'm missing here? If anyone has any pointers, of things we can try out that would be fantastic because we're stumped. smile
Posted By: telephoneguy Re: Offisite IP Phone Issues - 09/24/13 07:48 PM
Check and see if her router at home has DHCP turned on.

Also, does her router at home have ports open for both UDP and TCP packets? Remember that TCP nails up the call and UDP carries the voice.
Posted By: Wellco Re: Offisite IP Phone Issues - 09/25/13 12:14 PM
This sounds familuar...working with the same problems with Allworx and pointing to the the "switch" side router. Some of them are just pure junk when it comes to voip/sip traffic i.e: being able to control sip alg etc;. I did find a handy reference of tested routers at www.easyofficephone.com/support/router-compatibility
Between the security settings in routers of port filters,blocking and cable modems..this is getting to be a bigger and bigger problem.

Good Luck

...bob...
Posted By: Andrea Ruane Re: Offisite IP Phone Issues - 09/30/13 07:48 PM
Check to make sure that your phone is programmed NAT and not Native.
Posted By: Doberz Re: Offisite IP Phone Issues - 09/30/13 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by Andrea Ruane
Check to make sure that your phone is programmed NAT and not Native.

Where can I set this at? I did not see it in the program db menu?

I was just on the phone with her trying a few things, before I must have misunderstood her. The phone does the checking DHCP thing, then eventually gets past that (which I believe means the DHCP is ok?) and then the error she gets is "Local IP Card Add Invalid".

© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help