atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Xplicare Siemens HiPath 1220 reset - 09/22/08 05:03 AM
Hi guys,

At our office we have a Siemens HiPath 1220 PBX that we can manage with an USB-cable and manager software. The system uses two passwords: one for basic settings and one for advanced settings. My predecessor changed the 'advanced' password in the past, didn't write it down and now I have to make some changes that require this password frown Is there a way to factory reset the PBX to its default settings? I looked for a jumper or switch, but couldn't find any.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Paul
Posted By: Bopper Re: Siemens HiPath 1220 reset - 09/25/08 01:49 PM
PM sent
Posted By: Xplicare Re: Siemens HiPath 1220 reset - 09/26/08 01:00 AM
Thanks, Bopper. Your solution didn't work on this model, but I did manage to solve the problem.
For the record: you can reset the PBX to its factory default settings once you've logged in with the 'basic' password. Just use the corresponding function in the top left menu of the standard Siemens Manager. This is strange, because you would think this option should only be available to 'advanced' users. Lucky for me, this wasn't the case.

Paul
Posted By: Bopper Re: Siemens HiPath 1220 reset - 09/26/08 07:39 AM
Glad things worked out for you. I wasn't sure that the other PW would work. It does on the HiPath 3000 and thanks for the tip.
Posted By: Joao Costa Re: Siemens HiPath 1220 reset - 05/12/10 09:11 AM
For the record, the predifined basic password for hipath 1220 is 0000. I just found out randomly. Hope this helps someone because i've spent mouths until i remembered to try this out.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help