atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Andyreed Redwood voicemail integration - 12/22/16 07:18 PM
Before I start......this is not in production. It's in my basement.

Tinkering with a Rolm Redwood 3.2 system. Going to take a stab at getting voicemail working on it, but I only have the admin manual from the original release, which has 0 info on setting up voicemail. I think I've got most of it figured out, ATI ports assigned to a voice processing department and all, but not sure on turning message waiting lights on and off. Is there a code the VM box can dial to turn these off and on?

I know from a ROLMphone you HAVE to do it using the call me button on a 400 set, but is this possible from analog ports designated for voicemail?

I know this is an old, old system....hopefully someone remembers. Or maybe someone has the documentation from a 3rd party VM system like Repartee or Keyovice that has integration notes on the Redwood??
Posted By: Keyset6 Re: Redwood voicemail integration - 01/30/17 08:54 PM
Don't think there's any analog integration with the Redwood, such as sending the called ext. via DTMF separated by #, * etc. The Siemens 3000 had that to work with the Rolm Phonemail system. I also have a Redwood in my basement, was working as the home system until about 12 years ago. But I'm thinking, when I was with Rolm there may have been a customer with a Redwood and Phonemail, in fact I think it was a small IBM office. Maybe some kind of special software release was required.

For the message waiting - that was also an issue with the 8000 and 9751, don't think there was an analog code to do it.
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: Redwood voicemail integration - 01/30/17 11:48 PM
Key Voice Technologies Corporate Office Analog Integration for Redwood 3.2

MSG LITE ON #051X
MSG LITE OFF #050X

INITIATE TRANSFER INTERNAL !, EXTERNAL !,
RETURN FROM BUSY INTERNAL !,*7 EXTERNAL !
RETURN FROM NO ANS INTERNAL !,*7 EXTERNAL !
RETURN CALL SCREEN INTERNAL !,*7 EXTERNAL !,

ROLM 8000 WITH VOICEBRIDGE HAD DIFFERENT CODES
ROLM 9000/9751 VOICEBRIDGE HAD DIFFERENT CODES
ROLM 9751 RELEASE 9006i USED INBAND SIGNALLING

Posted By: Andyreed Re: Redwood voicemail integration - 02/06/17 02:39 PM
Thanks for the info. I've got it...mostly....working.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help