atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Test-ok New IT Forum - 06/05/17 03:57 AM
We've decided to create a new forum for Information Technology. As there are a lot of communications now days that use the Internet.
Posted By: BTS01 Re: New IT Forum - 06/05/17 03:41 PM
What's IT all about...? I just wanted to look back in a few years and have the first question on the board!
Posted By: hbiss Re: New IT Forum - 06/05/17 11:02 PM
Oh good! Now I won't have to go through all the forums to get my laugh for the day.

-Hal
Posted By: Arthur P. Bloom Re: New IT Forum - 06/06/17 02:58 PM
Will there be funny pictures and "how-to" videos from "experts"?

Will there be threads on "RJ45" "handsets" and "silver satin"? Oh, goody!
Posted By: MooreTel Re: New IT Forum - 06/06/17 06:50 PM
Arthur, you're killing me! crazy
Posted By: Arthur P. Bloom Re: New IT Forum - 06/06/17 09:27 PM
Hal started it...!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: John807 Re: New IT Forum - 06/06/17 10:20 PM
I just looked up the meaning of "IT". Does Inconsistent Technologies sound right?
Posted By: justbill Re: New IT Forum - 06/06/17 11:00 PM
We were thinking about recruiting Hal to be the mod. devil Breathe Hal deep breaths.
Posted By: hbiss Re: New IT Forum - 06/06/17 11:27 PM
You want them to post don't you?

-Hal
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: New IT Forum - 06/07/17 01:06 PM
Have you tried turning the forum off and back on again?
Posted By: Yoda Re: New IT Forum - 06/07/17 06:01 PM
Ha! Good one Jeff.
Posted By: MooreTel Re: New IT Forum - 06/07/17 08:41 PM
"IT" in this case would seem to mean "Interesting Thinking"... smirk
Posted By: Arthur P. Bloom Re: New IT Forum - 06/07/17 09:05 PM
You may need to reload Windoze.
Posted By: Test-ok Re: New IT Forum - 06/07/17 10:34 PM
Originally Posted by Arthur P. Bloom
You may need to reload Windoze.
You may need to get your site back on line.
Posted By: hbiss Re: New IT Forum - 06/07/17 11:32 PM
I would just pull the plug and leave it that way.

-Hal
Posted By: justbill Re: New IT Forum - 06/08/17 02:52 AM
We knew when we added this forum that it wouldn't be the most popular among a bunch of old phone guys, ya that's most of us. As we all know it is a changing industry and IT is becoming a bigger and bigger part of it So it's okay to have our differences, but let's do it with respect to the opposing views.

This is the introductory topic hopefully when people come here for help and advice they'll be met with the same willingness many have found on this board. Have fun, but let's keep any name calling out of the post. Thanks
Posted By: hbiss Re: New IT Forum - 06/08/17 04:09 AM
Ok, seriously now. I don't know what this forum is for. There already is a forum for Computers and Software plus another for Networking. What more could be discussed here that isn't covered by one of the existing forums?

-Hal
Posted By: BTS01 Re: New IT Forum - 06/08/17 01:55 PM
Wipe all the comments, start over and see what happens. Time will tell.
Posted By: hbiss Re: New IT Forum - 06/08/17 02:09 PM
Originally Posted by justbill
We knew when we added this forum that it wouldn't be the most popular among a bunch of old phone guys, ya that's most of us.

And that works both ways too. IT people live in their own world with their own internet support groups. I can't see any of them coming to a forum run by a "bunch of old phone guys" for anything other than telecom issues. And those would be covered everywhere else. If you think this will drive more traffic to this board, well, I don't think so. But whatever. Leave it be and see what happens.

-Hal

Posted By: EV607797 Re: New IT Forum - 06/11/17 12:53 AM
^ I have to agree with what Hal said.
Posted By: Arthur P. Bloom Re: New IT Forum - 06/11/17 02:15 PM
No need for us all here to pile on, now that we realize that the announcement was serious, and wasn't a delayed April Fool's gag by the moderators. We are, after all, gentlemen in an industry that is being invaded by the lower castes. We shall take the high road, is my point.

There are several other fora that cater to the CG's, and if one were to lurk on those, one would find lots of the Cluelesscenti offering their unique slant on telephonic issues, much to the entertainment of real telephonists.

Let's let this endeavor run its course. We can chuckle and snicker simply by peeking in the mail slot on those other fonts of wisdom, where the RJ45 is king and where handsets are ubiquitous.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help