atcomsystems.ca/forum
Caller ID not working.

According to the manual 0406, item 123, 1 and still not working.

What else can I try in order to get the caller ID to be displayed on the stations?

Thanks.
Do you have caller ID boards installed?
Originally Posted by Coral Tech
Do you have caller ID boards installed?

Yes, the caller ID worked on this system before up until lightning strikes the utility equipment 1/2 mile away and the power went out for several days. The system lost all the programming when it finally came up.

Many of the wires coming from the power supply looks like the plastic is melted and fused together. When the system finally came back up after trying to separate the wire mess and using liquid electrical tape to keep it from shorting out.

I feel the system is on its last legs. Its possible there may be a hardware problem or that losing the programming may be the root cause.

I want to make sure there is nothing I'm missing for the Caller ID now working. As far as I know, its 0406, item 123, 1 and that is suppose to enable the Caller ID to be displayed on the phones.

1 is enable, 0 is disable.

Is there any other programming I can do or is that it?

Thanks.
Check 0921 item 2. This turns on caller ID for the trunks. Are you sure the carrier is sending caller ID after the strike?
Originally Posted by RonP
Check 0921 item 2. This turns on caller ID for the trunks. Are you sure the carrier is sending caller ID after the strike?

Thank you. that actually worked. So apparently you have to allow the extensions to receive caller ID as well as allow the trunks to provide it.

Thanks again, I appreciate it.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help