atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: mwaechter BCM 400 network port bad? - 01/23/06 08:23 AM
The BCM is up and running but the voicemail is down. I tried to remote into the voicemail to no avail so I went on site and I can not ping BCM from customers network or directly access BCM 400. I verified the port on the switch is good. I moved the lan cable from port 1 of the BCM to port 2; the green light stayed on for port 1 without a cable plugged in. With the cable plugged into port 2 I still could not ping the BCM. I unplugged the lan cable and the green light is still on for now both ports without cables. I have cycled the power on the BCM and now I'm begging for your help.
Posted By: sentrex1 Re: BCM 400 network port bad? - 01/23/06 04:45 PM
in feature 983 can you log in if not you might want to try to replace the call pilot cards wich
looks like the flash startalk cards they sit on top of the bcm inside
Posted By: Toner Re: BCM 400 network port bad? - 01/23/06 06:13 PM
F983 does not work on BCM400's, does it?

Sounds like the IPs of the BCM have been changed or something. Don't be concerned about the link light staying on - that's normal for those things.
Posted By: sentrex1 Re: BCM 400 network port bad? - 01/23/06 06:21 PM
toner might be right on f983 i was thinking extenal call pilot
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: BCM 400 network port bad? - 01/24/06 06:08 AM
F983 does not work on BCM-400. Do you know the IP address is really correct? When connecting directly to BCM with laptop, you have to use a cross over cable. Make sure your laptop is set up for IP address in same range as BCM. I always add one to the last digit. I have seen the green lite stay on after the cable is unplugged. Don't have a clue why. If you can't get it that way then get in using the serial port - then you can verify the IP address and mask. Then again - it just may be bad. Remember that once you power the BCM on it will take a bit of time before you gain access.
Posted By: mwaechter Re: BCM 400 network port bad? - 01/24/06 07:03 AM
I found the hard drive went bad also on the mother board I had "green caps" the mother board falls under a bulletin. I hooked up a monitor to the 400 and rebooted. The monitor showed the "Nortel" sign with a loading bar at the bottom of the screen. The loading bar would shoot across the screen then the screen would go black. The "Nortel" sign and load bar would come back and the same would happen a few times and then I got the "Nortel" and load bar; the load bar went to about 80% and stopped it sat there for about 10-15 min. It might have saved time had I known what all the LEDs on the front meant and about the monitor port behind the cover.
Thanks for the input.
Posted By: Toner Re: BCM 400 network port bad? - 01/24/06 08:39 AM
Good to know. Thanks for the post!
Posted By: mwaechter Re: BCM 400 network port bad? - 01/25/06 01:25 PM
Just a heads up for y'all. I installed the "new" HD from Nortel. I was getting the exact same response from the BCM; all service lights flickering and the HD light NOT coming on. I hooked the monitor backup and rebooted the switch. I got the exact same "Nortel loading" page stuck in a loop. I called Nortel level 2 back and they said "You have another bad HD". I could feel both HD's spinning in my hand. I have a new base function tray on order once I try that I will let y'all know if it works.
Posted By: mwaechter Re: BCM 400 network port bad? - 01/25/06 01:42 PM
Replaced the base function tray and everything now works great. Voicemail works has all greetings and messages, all phones work. If you loose your voicemail on a 400 or 200 check for "green capacitors" in the BFT. This is document 2005006321.
Posted By: Toner Re: BCM 400 network port bad? - 01/25/06 09:53 PM
Wow, I hope I haven't installed any of those...
Posted By: MadProfessor Re: BCM 400 network port bad? - 01/31/06 05:01 PM
I recently ran into a similar issue with a 3.7 BCM 400. The VM was down, but all the sets worked fine. The LEDs were still flashing from a reboot days before they called me. I gave it a full cold boot, no more flashing LEDs, but also no VM. No response from the console port either.

It turns out that there is a problem with the DSPs or something similar. You have to remove the power cord for AT LEAST 15 minutes. After that, the system will fully boot and the VM will work again. The system even booted up very quickly this time!

This is a strange one that had me stumped. :bang:

Have Fun,
Wayne
Posted By: telemarv Re: BCM 400 network port bad? - 02/01/06 06:15 AM
thanks for the tip madprofessor
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help