atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Sinatra Fan Call pickup problem with Norstar phones - 03/23/06 11:09 AM
The power went out recently at my office and I had to reprogram the entire phone system. I have been able to solve everything except:

I can't get the phones to pick up other calls. In other words, I have the incoming lines all set in a Line pool "Pool A" And all the phone sets are configured to have access to pool A. But when the phone rings at a workstation and I want to pick up the call, I keeps giving me an error tone and says "Pickup Denied" What am I doing wrong? What do I need to change in Admin to solve this riddle? Thanks
Put everyone in the same pickup group?
Posted By: telemarv Re: Call pickup problem with Norstar phones - 03/23/06 11:57 AM
2 possible answers.

1) In order to use F75 Group Pick Up,you must put the sets you want to have this feature in a pickup group. By default they are not in any.

2) Or use F76 (Directed Pickup)+ DN to answer a specific phone.
Originally posted by telemarv:
1) In order to use F75 Group Pick Up,you must put the sets you want to have this feature in a pickup group. By default they are not in any.

How do I do this? I did set it up where each set had line access to Pool A, but is there something else?
You must put everyone in the same pickup group. Look for the "Pickup Group" setting in programming.
Posted By: dans Re: Call pickup problem with Norstar phones - 03/23/06 02:17 PM
Look for pick up groups in capabilities under terminals & Sets

Dan S
Found the pickup group in capabilities/sets. Now, what number should it be? Pool A is set for the "9" prefix. So should it be pickup group 9?

Thanks for the help
Posted By: telemarv Re: Call pickup problem with Norstar phones - 03/23/06 02:56 PM
any number between 1-9 as long as the phones in the same group have the same number
cool. I just set it up and its working now. Thanks for all the help!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help