atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: BCM newbie BCM 50 - 03/24/07 01:18 PM
I just picked up a new customer that a friend referred and low and behold its a BCM 50. Although I've work on MICS, CICS and CP since the beggining of time, Ive never tocuhed a BCM. The customer is fed up with thier current phone vendor and would like me to move the system to a new site. Move is not the problem. I need to program some items. I looked into an old BCM manual that I had but it only covers the BCM 200-1000. I noticed theres a serial port there, but no such luck on the 50. I'm assuming I need to purchase the BCM unified manager software to talk to the BCM 50. I have two questions...
Is there a serial port on the 50 that will allow me to communicate with it locally, if so what is the pinout, user name and password.
If I do need the BCM UMS, how do I determine the IP address of the BCM and how can I reset the password to allow programming changes. I'd appreciate any help you could give me.
How do I comunicate with
Posted By: rich30529 Re: BCM 50 - 03/24/07 02:48 PM
Welcome to the board BCM newbie welcome

What version of software is the BCM 50? The BCM 50 uses Business Element Manager to administer the system.

If the BCM is on the customers network, I would ask if they have the IP address.

Passwords are not permitted on the public forum. Any passwords that are posted will be deleted immediately. Anyone choosing to discuss passwords must do so via PM or E-mail.
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: BCM 50 - 03/24/07 04:34 PM
Welcome BCM newbie welcome
You are somewhat in luck, because unlike the BCM 200/400, the BCM-50's can be programmed from the phone just like the Norstar. It just has different Passwords. PM me if you can't locate the passwords.
Posted By: BCM newbie Re: BCM 50 - 03/26/07 10:20 AM
Thanks for the responses guys. I dont know what version it is and the customer has already moved so there is no valid working network onsite. They do not have a network administrator either. The customer just has it sitting on the wall in thier old suite. We wont move it until the new T1 is up and operationable at the new site. I picked a doozie for a intro into the BCM arena. Got to love it!!
Posted By: Crowtalks Re: BCM 50 - 03/26/07 05:46 PM
Get into the OAM port (far left RJ45) and see if it gives you a DHCP address.

If it doesn't you may have to assign yourself an address of 10.10.11.2, mask 255.255.255.0, gateway 10.10.11.1

If you don't know the default user and password, PM me and I can supply them.

Most likely, your BCM50 is release 1.0 since 2.0 is releatively new.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help