atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Gabe MICS VOIP?? - 06/29/07 03:51 PM
We have a Norstar MICS system...not sure of the software version...and would like to have the capability to add IP phone users to the system, and are weighing our options.

What equipment would be needed to add a small number of IP users to the system? Less than 5 total. Also, can normal T or M series Nortel phones be used through an IP connection, or are there only certain models that are compatible with the MICS system.

I've read several postings surrounding the BCM systems, but haven't really seen anything about the MICS.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
Posted By: luv2ski Re: MICS VOIP?? - 06/30/07 12:08 PM
no voip per say but can use mck extenders...can use a gateway for analog trunks and opx of a router..bcm fully functional ip switch
Posted By: emmitt2727 Re: MICS VOIP?? - 07/01/07 04:21 PM
Are you trying to add ip phones or tie multiple sites together? If you are trying to link sites, there are a number of ways to do this.
Posted By: Gabe Re: MICS VOIP?? - 07/01/07 04:38 PM
No, we would like to try to just use IP phones if possible for a few people who are going to be working from home 3 or 4 days a week.

What else could I do other than an IP phone? Could I set up a remote terminal?
Posted By: bcox Re: MICS VOIP?? - 07/02/07 03:53 AM
You'll need to upgrade to a BCM in order to use IP phones. M or T series phones can only be used remotely through a MCK extender which would be enormously expensive for 5 separate users. You could make use of the remote call forward capabilities of the MICS and your voicemail system for remote workers.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help