atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: adteldon BCM 50 - 06/06/08 10:19 AM
I have a client that is asking us to propose a system that is comparable to the BCM 50. I believe I know what would be close in size but I wanted to check with the guru's on this site first. If the system is maxed out how many loop start co lines , voip networking ports, and digital stations can this unit accomidate ? Also, how many v.m. ports, mailbox's, and recording time is allowed ? Thanks for your help.
Posted By: telemarv Re: BCM 50 - 06/06/08 12:49 PM
You're asking me to help you compete against a BCM 50??? Oh the shame of it. eek
Posted By: MooreTel Re: BCM 50 - 06/06/08 03:35 PM
Sounds like your client has already checked out a BCM. So what about it does he not like?

Or is it a case that you don't deal with Nortel? If not, THAT's the shame of it. laugh
Posted By: vad60 Re: BCM 50 - 06/06/08 04:15 PM
If BCM50 max out there is the best comparable system out there: BCM400.
Posted By: adteldon Re: BCM 50 - 06/09/08 10:54 AM
You people kill me... The reason I am asking for the info is that my customer has a friend in another state who uses the BCM 50. My customers needs are very similar to theirs. I sell Vertical / Vodavi products and am trying to decide whether to propose an SBX-IP or the XTS-IP. From what I am reading it appears that the SBX and BCM both are capable of 12 loop start lines, but the BCM has a 12 port V.O.I.P card where the SBX only has an 8 port. The SBX can network up to 72 sites where the BCM only handles up to 10 ? Also, the SBX can handle up to 32 digital telephones and I'm not sure of the capacity of the BCM. Bottom line is that they are getting 4 system's from me. I just want to propose something similar to the BCM. I have a feeling that the XTS-IP would be overkill, but on the other hand I'm thinking that the SBX-IP may be outgrown very quickly. Keep in mind that 1 site will be receiving all inbound calls and dispersing over voip to the other 3 sites. I personally don't think 12 inbound lines will be enough, but anyway any help is appreciated.
Posted By: Michaelq Re: BCM 50 - 06/09/08 06:47 PM
The BCM50 main cabinet is capable of 12 digital sets, 4 analog sets, 4 CO trunk lines, 32 IP phones, and 12 IP trunks. You can connect 2 expansion modules(MBM) to the BCM50. The Modules come in different flavors. DID, 32 DSM, PRI/T-1, ASM, 8x16 combo and many more.
Posted By: adteldon Re: BCM 50 - 06/10/08 11:26 AM
Thank you very much.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help