atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: MYounger Nortel T7316E Mailbox Setup - 08/11/08 11:03 AM
Hi - I need to change a recording and the name of a mailbox on my T7316E system. We have a new employee and I need to change the old name to the new name and change the voice mail recording for the new person. Does anyone have step by step instructions on how I can do this? It has been years since I have had to do this and the knowledge has left me. Any help will be appreciated.
Posted By: MYounger Re: Nortel T7316E Mailbox Setup - 08/11/08 12:24 PM
I also need to know how to add the new person to the company directory. It has been set up so a caller can dial the first few letters of either the first or last name to reach the proper extension. If anyone can tell me how I may set that up, I would appreciate it.
Posted By: telemarv Re: Nortel T7316E Mailbox Setup - 08/11/08 12:35 PM
welcome MYounger.

You will require the admin password to access the voice mail programming. If you don't know it or it has been lost, please contact a qualified installer in your area to have it reset. Passwords are not divulged in this forum.

Once you gave gained access to the admin mailbox. you can change the displayed name:
Press MBOX > ChNG > Enter the mailbox number >Press OK > if you need to reset the mailbox password press RESET > Press OK until the name is displayed and then using the keypad spell the new name (LAST,FIRST).

To chane the greeting: Log into the mailbox > Press ADMIN > 1 to change the spoken name > GREET to change the actual greeting. Again a password is required.

Again please contact a qualified installer in your area if you are having difficulting.
Posted By: MYounger Re: Nortel T7316E Mailbox Setup - 08/11/08 01:59 PM
Hi -

Thank you! I do have the password and was able to set up the voice mail. The only area I am still having difficulty with is adding the name to the company directory search feature. We have our system set up that the caller can search the directory by typing in the first few letters of either the first name or the last name. Can anyone help me access this feature? I will need to add the new person and delete the old person from the directory.

Thanks in advance!
Posted By: MooreTel Re: Nortel T7316E Mailbox Setup - 08/11/08 02:54 PM
That gets setup when you initialize the mailbox for the new user.

It will ask if you want them in the company directory, answer Yes or No. If yes, type in the user's name like Marv said.

If the mailbox has been setup and the name doesn't appear in the dirctory, then you missed that step. You can change it in the admin area of the MB I think.

Make sure that the mailbox gets initialized as it won't work until it is.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help