atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: ATechguy Help with Bcm 400 Hard Drive - 01/02/13 10:00 PM
HI! I have A Bcm 400 3.7 hard drive failed , I have the Keycodes etc.Can i just replace with new 3.7 hard drive the and put in the key codes thru The Bcm mangager , and program greetings or do i have to intialize the new hard drive thru the serial port?? If so i don't have the 400 manual and new hard drive procedure. Thanks
Posted By: PERRYPJ Re: Help with Bcm 400 Hard Drive - 01/03/13 05:08 PM
If it isn't preloaded you will have to intialize the drive
Posted By: PERRYPJ Re: Help with Bcm 400 Hard Drive - 01/03/13 05:12 PM
Had to make sure this site was still there
https://usedphonebuyer.com/Manuals/Nortel/Norstar/BCM%204.0%20Installation%20and%20Maintenance.pdf
Posted By: Toner Re: Help with Bcm 400 Hard Drive - 01/04/13 07:17 PM
MUCH easier to buy a pre-imaged drive! You don't want to mess around with the imaging tool (or worse, Norton Ghost) to try & restore the thing.

Keycodes won't be an issue 'cause the system ID will be the same. You might have to do that funky procedure from the serial port to "sync" the new HD with the MSC card.
Posted By: ATechguy Re: Help with Bcm 400 Hard Drive - 01/04/13 11:44 PM
HI ! I installed the refurbished Bcm hard drive, but may not of followed the instructions of just starting it up and entering keycodes, i ended following the reintialize start-up with the Null modem cable , thru serial port, every thing seems find , but the voicemail shows 3 digit mailbox #s, and the tel. system is 4 digit?? I reboot system but didn't help?? Any body got any ideas?? Need help. Thanks
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help