atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: davetel Xfer to Cell - 09/19/14 05:46 AM
My customer has a CICS and wants to transfer calls to a cell phone sometimes. I'm thinking they can conference two calls together and hang up. Will this work without disconnecting the two outside parties? Thanks Dave.
Posted By: Ken B Re: Xfer to Cell - 09/19/14 12:00 PM
Depends on the sw level - If I remember correctly,they need to be at least 4.1 for off site transfer and trunk to trunk transfer - the rest is programming and it works fine
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: Xfer to Cell - 09/19/14 12:20 PM
When you do that you use a second phone line to call out and the two lines are tied together. Sometimes the quality of sound is diminished.
Best thing to do is get Telco to put the option on their phones lines called Conference with Transfer. It can have a different name depending on Telco.
Once you have that option, then with caller on phone, do a Link (Flash) dial the number, then disconnect (usually another Link). Then Telco makes the switch, you free up your phone lines, and the quality of the connection is still best.
And you don't have to worry about software level.
Posted By: Curlycord Re: Xfer to Cell - 09/19/14 12:35 PM
All CICS or MICS will allow a human to transfer an inbound line to an outbound line.

Allow Redirect for the set that needs to transfer.
Disconnect Supervision should be programmed and working.

The carrier option is the best suggestion, try it as maybe they already have the feature on the line.
Posted By: davetel Re: Xfer to Cell - 09/20/14 05:21 AM
very good. thank you.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help