atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: mj_wald Option 11 and Windstream - 07/21/16 01:12 PM
So we just moved from AT&T to Windstream as our PSTN. With AT&T we had a traditional TDM PRI, hooked to a TMDI card in the switch.
With Windstream, this is a Dynamic IP service run into a Adtran router, then out a TDM T1 port as a PRI.

We are having issues with timing. The clock goes in and out of error trying to sync to the line. Of course this is not Windstreams issue, even though it had been working for years with AT&T.

They are also having issues when dialing into IVRs. They do not outpulse any DTMF now. Not that the DTMF is distorted, it just isn't even there.

Has anyone run into this before?
Option 11 RLS 25.10 (old)

Posted By: John807 Re: Option 11 and Windstream - 07/21/16 05:36 PM
I have with a BCM 50 and a CS1k. It did turn out to be the carrier, it wasn't Windstream but same symptoms. First make sure they are providing the clocking make sure you are tracking on the loop and not in free run. Check that they match whether you are NI2, ESS or what ever. And I just had your last one, they were blocking any digits after connect for "security" reasons. My client couldn't dial thru AA or IVR.
Hope this helps.
Good Luck,
Posted By: mj_wald Re: Option 11 and Windstream - 07/21/16 07:02 PM
"Security" reasons. Thats nice.

Thanks.
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: Option 11 and Windstream - 07/22/16 10:51 PM
Dial an AA and when it answers hit the # sign on the touch pad- then the desired digits. If that works then there is a setting for enhanced end to end signalling.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help