atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: BillD KX-TD7895 cordless - 12/15/06 10:13 AM
Hi all,
I'm here because I have a problem and I hope someone here can help me. I know next to nothing about phone systems.
I have a KX-T7730 Advanced Hibrid Sys. that uses a KX-TD7895 cordless phone as one of its’ extensions. We dropped the cordless handset in the drink and found a new one would be cost prohibitive. I found several used handset plus base units on Ebay but since we only lost the handset, and we still have the base unit on the wall, I purchased a handset without a base unit for $150.00. When I couldn't get it to work, I asked the tech that originally installed our phone system and he said the handsets and bases were a matched pair and couldn't be programmed to talk to each other. My question is why? Were they not matched up by Panasonic at the factory? Couldn't either the base unit or the handset be programmed to talk to the other again?
Just looking for some advice. Thanks,
Bill
Posted By: brokeda Re: KX-TD7895 cordless - 12/15/06 10:42 AM
If you send it to Panasonic repair, maybe.
You would just have to ask.
Another reason not to buy on EBay unless you really know what you are working with.
If you bought from a supplier of telecom gear they would know better and should take the handset back.
(but a lot a ebayers sell with no return)
Otherwise its usually tough luck. After you pay for repair you coud have bought a new 7896, which is a million times better.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: KX-TD7895 cordless - 12/15/06 10:52 AM
I am with Brokeda on this. Here's Panasonic's repair facilitie's phone number: 770-338-6550. I would call them before you go any further to see what, if anything they can do for you.
Posted By: BillD Re: KX-TD7895 cordless - 12/15/06 11:14 AM
Thanks guys. I know that I was naïve, now I’m just looking for the best way out. I‘ve tried a different service number at Panasonic and the recording didn’t help. I’ll try this number.
Thanks again,
Bill
Posted By: BillD Re: KX-TD7895 cordless - 12/15/06 11:46 AM
It looks like that number was the right way to go. Panasonic said they can recode the units for $45.
I really appreciate your help,
Bill
Posted By: brokeda Re: KX-TD7895 cordless - 12/16/06 09:31 PM
Thats great! Looks like thier pricing is getting reasonable.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help