atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: kato1969 Talk Battery - 11/30/07 04:08 AM
I have a problem with the TDA 50.
When you access a CO line, there's a 7 second delay before I receive talk battery.
This as a major problem when flaSHING TO PICK UP A Call Waiting.
Please help!
Thanks
Posted By: MrGemini Re: Talk Battery - 11/30/07 05:38 AM
Kato, you never did complete your profile.
Would you please do so now.
Thank You, MrG
Posted By: OBT Re: Talk Battery - 11/30/07 11:12 AM
Kato, are you dialing anything when you pick the co as there is a inter-digit mute preset in the system of 10 seconds. to clear quickly you have to dial 2 digits. you can reduce the inter digit timer but if you change it to less than 3 seconds it will cause problems for dialing out. say you reduce it to 1 second then you have 1 second to dial after picking up line or else it will give you the re-order tone.
Posted By: budweiser Re: Talk Battery - 12/01/07 11:16 AM
i had a the same problem a few times with the tda system. calls rang in, the customer picked up the line, but was not connected to the call for a few seconds. the problem disappeared when i reset the system.

your problem should not happen in the default mode and i know of no programming that will cause your problem
i would simply re-initilize and see if it works in default mode. if it doesn't then you have a faulty tda or the problem is telco. being your a tech, i assume you allready tested the lines with your test-set.
Posted By: OBT Re: Talk Battery - 12/03/07 01:18 AM
The problem here is different, when a line is ringing the system should allow audio through straight away once it is picked up, but if you pick up the line the mic is muted for about 10 seconds while waiting for the first 2 digits to be dial to stop back ground noise causing problens, it will also keep it muted if you dial 10 digits untill the last DTMF has being sent.

Kato you should check if the extension is set for EFA when on a call for call waiting.
Posted By: budweiser Re: Talk Battery - 12/03/07 08:13 PM
obt, are you saying that he has to dial a few digits when answering a call waiting. the way kato described his problem, he says that when he flashes the line for the call waiting, he gets conected to the new caller but there is a delay in the audio.

kato, in your original post you say "when you access a CO line" ... do you mean dialing out or answering an incomming call?
Posted By: OBT Re: Talk Battery - 12/03/07 10:03 PM
Budweiser, what I am saying to check if the telephone is not set for EFA the system could see the flash as line reset and then the system will use the interdigit mute timer.

He said in his post:
When you access a CO line, there's a 7 second delay before I receive talk battery.
it sounds like he is just picking up the line and seeing when he gets blow back on line.

I had this in a alarm monitor centre where the co port was used for a hotline to the police station, had to set a flexi button with co access no and 11 to get speach straight away
Posted By: kato1969 Re: Talk Battery - 12/04/07 04:02 PM
It's true that there's the delay when accessing the line to dial out, but also when flashing to pick up the call waiting.
Sometimes the call coming in is disconnected.
I'll check EFA when I go back to the site.
Thanks for the dialogue.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help