atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: EV607797 Best surge protection for stations? - 07/01/10 11:45 AM
It seems that hybrid station ports on Panasonic systems are extremely sensitive to surges. I have customers with multiple buildings that often lose station ports whenever there is lightning. Presently, we are only using gas tube protectors because I have yet to find any secondary protectors that actually protect these ports. Is there anything out there that actually works?
Posted By: OBT Re: Best surge protection for stations? - 07/01/10 12:39 PM
I don't think any thing will stop lighting fully, upgrade to tde and use IP phones, cheaper than changing cards in the long run
I had great success in central KS using DiTek. However that was protecting different models of Iwatsu key phones and their ZTD S/L cards. You might check the on-hook voltage of the Panasonic. Ditek will build protection for any DC voltage, it's just not in the catalog or on the web sight. I guess what they mean when they say contact us for custom voltages. They cost 10% more than standard, but hey, they worked! Once we got the right T/R voltage, 30 volts on ZTD, no more problems. And yes, they pass 90VAC ringing without ring trip. Wow, I just looked and that's a standard product now.
Posted By: ShawnC Re: Best surge protection for stations? - 07/01/10 01:05 PM
Eddy I use Surgegate (Panamax)and have had great Success Also https://www.itwlinx.com/productpg/product_surgegate.php and are highly recommended by Panasonic MCO25 for the analog Pairs and MDS25 for digi d1+d2 pairs you basically cut down a 25 pair for each .
I use 110 blocks exclusively for my frames now and
mount the panamax between the KSU and the voicemail

Its nice because all your peripherals CO lines
T1 pri gate contacts paging Rs232 you name can be
grounded bonded and you can plug all you wall warts and moh 110 volt all in one tidy place...
Posted By: allanl Re: Best surge protection for stations? - 07/01/10 02:08 PM
I've had good luck with these: https://www.chloridepower.com/en/USA/Products/CLPs/OnLine-6-Series/

Our analog stations extend to tops of mountains that frequently get hit by lightning. I've seen these things blow apart into pieces (internally) and the port was still ok.
Posted By: Alvaphonepro Re: Best surge protection for stations? - 07/02/10 06:20 AM
I have good luck with Panamax/ITW. I am in the lightning capitol of the world. It saved a brand new CICS this week.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help