atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: phoneguywayne NS700 Install - 09/20/15 05:03 AM
I will be installing my first NS700 and was wondering how other folks wired theirs out. Did you make a harness with 25 pair or just used cat 5E patch cords. Thanks Picture would be great too
Posted By: chazrc Re: NS700 Install - 09/20/15 09:46 AM
I've done 2 so far. We used patch cords. Not the biggest fan of the wiring on the NS700.
Posted By: OBT Re: NS700 Install - 09/21/15 08:49 PM
we have done loads of them now.

we use patch leads to patch panel or to krone box depends on if there is room in the cabinet of if there is a cat 5 network.

hated the wiring at first but got use to it.

tried using multi pair but looks terrible since there is no top case to cover the loose pairs.

have done up to 3 cabinets so made it off to a 100 pair box using patch leads and a 100 pair cable to the distribution box
Posted By: PS1 Re: NS700 Install - 09/25/15 12:18 PM
I've used a 25 pair to wire up a loom, but takes some time if you want to keep the 1308 colour code as the pin outs are different on the NS. Using patch leads looks more pleasing to the eye but if you have OCD like me you will find the colours dont go in order on the Krones annoying.
Posted By: Phone_girl_NE Re: NS700 Install - 11/07/16 11:44 AM
Hey OBT, I would love to see an example of your patch cord/panel idea. Like others, I have not gotten used to it yet, but we tend to use NT phones when we can.

Thanks
Stephanie
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help